C H A P T E R E L E V E N

-

-

"When are you going to attack?"

"As soon as the bastard's done what I've been waiting for him to do."

"What do you mean? You're waiting for Xerxes to do what?"

"To impregnate her."

-

                    She sat by the dwindling fire, her back against the now cool tub as her fingers ran through the fur rug, imagining it to be Xerxes' hair, who still lays asleep on the humongous bed, or so she thinks

The king had been awake since she's left his embrace, but he didn't move and let her wander around the chamber before settling herself down in her current place. Having felt her anxiousness, he gave her, her much needed space and forbore himself from immediately following after her.

She needed this. He thought, eyes still closed. The information that I would be giving will no doubt be too much for her small body.

When the sun had perfectly risen into the sky did he finally join her. Sitting behind her with his legs on either side of her curled up body, he wrapped his strong arms around her and leaned his head to nestle his cheek against hers, both pairs of differently colored blue eyes watching the remaining embers in the hearth.

Xerxes felt her interlace their fingers together, bringing it up close to her lips to place a kiss on their intertwined hands before he took this as a sign that she was ready for answers.

"Ask away, my sweet." He said, pressing a kiss to the side of her head, urging her on to speak.

"I do not know where to start."

All those questions she'd spewed out yesterday suddenly ran amuck inside her head, almost as if they were pushing one question to another, wanting to be answered first rather than wait later. She felt like she wasn't prepared at all. The moment of peace she had to compose herself seemed to be all for not and honestly, it was giving her a headache.