Chapter 40: We've Pissed off a Lot of People, no?

CHAPTER 40:
WE'VE PISSED OFF A LOT OF PEOPLE, NO?

           "This is... Quite bothersome, if I say so?" it was more of a question than the statement what left Nikolas' lips as he stared at what used to be his apartment for the last few weeks. He won't sugarcoat it, it looked like a hurricane passed by and and destroyed everything — and miraculously used the paint to draw all kind of bullshit on his wall.

Everything, and he repeats, everything was broken — even the new window he just bought and the front doors. Whoever did all this, they were incredibly pissed off at Nikolas — normal burglars and same wouldn't bother insulting Nikolas with those rude words on the wall had they had nothing against him.

"Who would be dumb enough to challenge you in this city? Do you think it was some dumb kid or is it more serious than that?" Edward, his second best friend asked as he came from the kitchen that wasn't in any better state than any other room in the apartment.

"I don't honestly know, nor can be certain for sure," Nik sighed as he kneeled down to pick a picture frame of Vincent and Kaley that miraculously survived this hellstorm before turning to Ed, "But I doubt that [Watch your back you little cunt] and the other threats written on the wall are work of some kids that simply messed with someone for fun."

Had it been under normal circumstances, he would've guessed that Alis hired whoever did this to strike back at him. But seeing as it was his turn to get a chance for prank and she lost her memories around that time, he highly doubted that she was somehow involved in all of that. One part told him that she wouldn't even be able to pull this kind of thing on him while other reminded him that she sent him to the hospital and even put his number on hot service.

Edward groaned, unlike Daniel, he was quite the workaholic and productive person, but if he hated something, then it is to be interrupted while he had sex. In this case with Daniel and Nikolas still couldn't figure out how the fuck did the two most different personalities end up in relationship.

Daniel was as tall as Nikolas with the same hair color, only his hair was shorter and he was always glaring — as Nikolas and other would interpret it. He wasn't a bad person, he just had a hard time of trusting others or talking to them. Figures why someone as secluded as him became friends with talkative guy such as Daniel who wanted to befriend every single thing in the world — even birds. But to think those two would end up being together, that he could never see coming.

"But who? Maybe those Albanians from few months ago we fucked up? They are still mad we broke their human trafficking chain and sent half of their important figures to jail," good old times, Nikolas snorted, "Or those rich bastards that were on that auction that pretty much lost their face? We intended to kill, but police interfered and now are having a tough time of dealing with them."

Back then, when he found Kaley, she was dumb enough to get kidnapped and almost sold in human trafficking. God, was it pain in the ass to save her, he couldn't believe that she was reckless enough to get involved in all that, and no — there's no sugarcoating it. She literally told the taxi driver that she left in hurry and no one knew about it as she planned to go to another continent and he used that as a chance.

Why did he always have to deal with the most troublesome people in his life?

"Possibly, but no — they wouldn't resort to something of this caliber. They'd probably come to my residence with real guns while I was there and all. They'd aim to kill, not scare me." Nikolas sighed, he had almost forgotten about them. He needed to deal with the remaining bastards that got away before they proved to be a serious nuisance.

"Then, the fuckers from the neighborhood?" their eternal rivals. For a second, Nikolas could actually see those S.O.B.s doing it, but wondered if they'd really do something that would get him off his vacation back to business. Now, they hated each other for over a century and wanted each other dead, but that was because they were in the similar business. If Nikolas took his time to get away from that troublesome lifestyle, they'd be more than overjoyed and would even pay him trip to Hawaii just to be rid of him.