6|Arrived

HERMIONE SMILED AT DRACO. THE two had just arrived at Hogwarts, right outside the front doors, and he kept glancing around nervously and messing with his neck tie.

"Relax," she told him. "We're going to a reunion, not committing murder."

"We're not, at least," Draco muttered.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"How do you think some old friends will react to us being together? I mean, they could be happy for us, or they could be furious."

"I got along okay with your friends in eighth year."

"It's not them I'm worried about," muttered Draco.

Hermione couldn't help but agree, though she didn't tell her husband that. "Everything will turn out fine, Draco." He didn't look convinced, but nodded anyway. "Ready?" asked Hermione.

Draco nodded. Together, they opened the front doors and walked through. Professor McGonogall stood at the far end of the entryway, greetings guests and sending them in the direction of the Great Hall.

"Yes, it's good to see you, too, Ms. Abbott-- sorry, Mrs. Macmillan, Mr. Macmillan." McGonogall turned towards the Malfoys. "Welcome back, Hermi--" She faltered when she noticed who had his arm around her waist. "I... um..."

Hermione smiled. "It's great to see you again, Professor."

"Oh... er... Granger?"

"It's Malfoy, now, Professor."

McGonogall's eyebrows rose up so high they were almost to her hairline. She stared at Hermione and Draco for a moment, before regaining her composure and saying, "Alright, then. Welcome back to Hogwarts, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy."

"Thank you," said Draco, letting Hermione lead him towards the open doors of the Great Hall. It was already fairly crowded, so, fortunately for them, not many people noticed Hermione and Draco. Those who did, however, stared openly at the Malfoys, tapping their conversation partners on the shoulder and pointing towards the two.

"Blaise is waving us over," said Draco, nudging Hermione and nodding in their friend's direction. Blaise had been introducing his wife, Abella, to his old friends, when he noticed the Malfoys.

Draco and Hermione made their way over to the corner where the former Slytherins had assembled themselves. Pansy Nott née Parkinson was the first to notice that Hermione was with Draco, and gave to the other witch a look that was mostly curious.

"Draco," Pansy greeted once he reached her, "What's Granger doing here?"

"It's not Granger anymore," he replied. "Hermione's a Malfoy now."

"Ah," she said. "I figured that might've been the case when you two moved away at the same time, but I couldn't be sure. Have you been together this whole time?"

"We've been married for thirteen years, now," answered Hermione. Pansy nodded.

"Congrats. I'm sure you remember Theo, my husband now, Gregory Goyle, and Daphne Flint née Greengrass, whose husband is nowhere to be seen."

Hermione nodded, "I do." When people had come back to Hogwarts for their eighth year, they all decided, on the very train ride to Hogwarts, that they would make a truce so as to avoid any weird tension that might pop up after the war. So, while there were still house rivalries, they were all in good fun, and no one took any insults seriously. That way, everyone got acquainted and were all on good terms when they left school.

The group mingled for awhile longer, actually having a sort of good time, which is more than any of them had expected. Until, finally, the Gryffindors realized that Hermione was there.

.x.X.x.

Harry stood near the center of the Great Hall, chatting with his friends. He still saw most of them on a regular basis, so it was more quiet conversation than catching up, but there were a few people who had left after they finished school, and were just now returning for this reunion. One of those were Dean Thomas, who had moved to America after he graduated, which was where he had re-met his wife, who was, at the time, Luna Lovegood.

"... just here with your wives?" Neville Longbottom was saying.

"No, we were invited," said Ron.

"Why?" asked Parvati Patil. "You didn't graduate with us."

"But we were in this class. Anyway, Parvati, who are you here with? Your husband?" This was Ron's way of trying to insult her, as everyone knew that she had never married. It didn't work.

"No, I never got married," said Parvati with a shrug. "Padma and I run a fashion company together, work is my main priority. I'm actually here with my sister. She's catching up with some Ravenclaws."

"Oh, I'm so happy that you got into the fashion business, Parvati, I know it was always your dream, and I absolutely love tour dresses, I buy them when I can, but they're so high-quality that they're incredibly expensive, I could only afford a few--"

"What she means by that," said Ron, sending a glare Lavender's way, "Is that I'll only let her spend a certain amount of money. We could afford lots of them, but we're not about to spend that much money on clothes."

Lavender looked down at her feet. Ron wanted everyone to think that they were really rich, like his sister and Harry, when in reality they had an average income, which was a bit stretched between their children.

"Guys?" said Harry. "Is that Hermione over there with the Slytherins?" Everyone turned.

"What is she doing here?" snapped Ginny.

"Dunno," said Ron. "She sure looks pretty." He ignored the glare Lavender shot him.

"Who does she thinks she is, coming here after the way she treated Ron?" demanded Ginny.

"And fraternizing with the Slytherins!" Ron said.

"Actually, during our eighth year, everyone got along. It caught on, and now house rivalry has gone down drastically," said Neville.

"You were friends with Slytherins?" asked Ron angrily. "And what do you mean, house rivalry has gone down."

"I am the Herbology Professor," said Neville, "And my students get along fairly well."

"I can't take this," said Ginny. "Someone's got to make sure Granger," she spat the name, "Knows that she's not welcome."

"Who says she's not welcome?" asked Dean. Ginny turned on him.

"She stood Ron up on their anniversary and then broke up with him! Ron was devastated, probably wouldn't have gotten over it, if it weren't for Lavender." Lavender looked down. She had never gotten over the guilt of getting Ron to cheat on Hermione with her and then lying to his whole family.

"Well, I personally don't have a problem with Hermione, she's welcome by me, so do what you want, but leave me out of it. I'm going to find Luna," said Dean. Parvati and Neville looked at each other, before agreeing that Hermione wasn't a problem and leaving.

"Fine, then," muttered Ginny. "Come on, guys."

"I'm going to go get a drink," mumbled Harry.

"Oh, no, Potter, you're coming with me," snapped Ginny.

"No, I'm not," said Harry. "I'm sick of cleaning up your messes, Ginny. Don't drag me into them, either." And he walked off towards the refreshment table, turning around to watch the spectacle that was surely on its way.

_______________________________
DISCLAIMER: Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling.