Chapter Seventeen

Savannah's POV

"So how'd it go?"

"It was amazing" she said and I squealed

"Brooke I'm so happy for you!"

"What about you and pretty boy?"

"We're... good" I smiled

"Who's good?" I jumped

"Jesus Austin don't you knock?!" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled

"So who's good?"

"Brooke" I lied "Uh yeah Brooke is... after she went out with Brayden"

He choked on air "You went out with Brayden?!" she turned a light red

"Jez next thing you know you'll be going out with Nate" he said to me now it is my turn to choke on air "Yeah uh that would be weird"

"Oh my god!" he whisper screamed

"What?"

"You're dating Nate!" I blushed deep red and looked away

"What the hell are you talking about Austin" my voice betraying me

"Savannah I'm not stupid. You blushed deep red when I mentioned the idea of you two dating"

My heart was pounding "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone" he promised

Soon after Austin left I had to leave too. I was meeting up with a new trainer to help get me back into shape for soccer. You're probably thinking why not ask Nate? He's amazing at soccer and the truth is I don't want to bother his training, he needs to for the tryouts for the US national team. Lauren said I could borrow a car and I left towards the park that Nate took me to. When I arrived I sat on the bench I was supposed to meet him at and tied up my cleats.

"You Savannah?" A deep voice asked

I looked up to see a guy in his early twenties wearing a fitted shirt and baggy shorts carrying a bag of soccer balls. I'll tell ya he isn't bad looking, not as good as Nate of course.

"I am" he stook out his hand for me to shake it

"Name's Max" I grabbed his hand and shook it "Let's get started

Max had me running right now but he was running with me, he talked about himself a lot giving me little time to talk but he also cracked a few jokes making me laugh.

"Okay" he said stopping "I think we're done running. Now we're gonna do some basic drills and will work our way up, you're good for four hours correct?" he asked and I nodded

Soon I had been here for a little over three hours and was dripping with sweat. He kept telling me that it would be okay if I wanted to just train in my sports bra but I declined feeling awkward. I kicked the ball and it went wide, I went to jog after it but Max wrapped his arm around my waist. I tried to get out of his hold but he tightened it. "How about after practice we go to starbucks?"

"Oh uh no thank you, I have a boyfriend"

"Nice lie there sweetheart"

"No seriously I do" I attempted to pry his arm off "Now let me go"

"You have three seconds to get your arm off my girlfriend" a voice boomed and I turned around to see a very angry Nate standing there.