The Forest Guardian*

My story starts, when the two Goddesses of this world had an argument.

Arí - the Goddess of the animals and the nature - didn't like the way the humans treated her kingdom; she wanted something to be done.

Mecey - the humans Goddess - thought that the humans hadn't done anything wrong and denied all the things Arí said.

This violent argument led to a giant storm, where the Goddesses battled. This battle affected both the nature and the humans, as they ended up in the middle of the crossfire. Nearly everything was destroyed; rivers poisoned, forests were dying, horrifying illnesses wandered among the humans.

But after months, if not years of fighting, they finally came to a decision.

They would create a Guardian.

The Guardian would be a human, but with the ability to speak to the animals so she could protect them.

She would be able to shift to any animal she met who gave her its permission.

Arí and Mecey created a human family called Garth, whose women would be this Guardians, but it would skip from mother to mother's daughter's daughter.

From grandma to me.

To be the only forest guardian in this world put a lot of pressure on your shoulders.

It's a gigantic responsibility.

I know that, because I'm the only one.

I'm the one and only Forest Guardian.

I'm Samantha Garth.

It's not just a bad thing being the Guardian.

I can shift into a lot of animals - for example a raven or a wolf. Which is kind of awesome.

But to do the ordinary human chores, and at the same time protect the animals at all costs - it gets tricky.

Especially when the Goddesses have lied to me.

They didn't only create the Guardian that night with the storm.

They created 'two souled'.

A creature who has two souls in one body.

One wolf, and one human...

-------------

A/N:

Hello!

I'm siggeisthedog.

My English won't be the best you've ever read, but I hope you can bare with me.

Or just leave without a mean comment.

But there will be grammatical and spelling mistakes. And this book needs major editing, which I'll start when I'm finished with it. (EDIT AS OF A FEW YEARS LATER: I'll probably never edit this story. It is grammatically incorrect, has a few major plot holes and just spelling mistakes everywhere in general. But I'd like to think that in the year that has passed since I last wrote this piece of a 13 year old's garbage, I've developed my writing. I would never make the same mistakes again and create something this shitty.

But hey, it's here to remind me every single day that I started somewhere. So don't doubt yourself, if this book can make it, yours can to ;) )

Kay. See ya next time!

//siggeisthedog