Chapter 31

Note~ I tried getting my laptop fixed for you all. Now, I can get back to work. I've missed working on this. I'm sorry. Please enjoy~

Jackie's POV-

My breathing is ragged. "Hang in there," Victor says laying me on a hospital bed. "The contractions are at least 7 minutes apart by now. I'm going to give you some medicine to ease the pain and it'll make the process run a little quicker for you."

"Do what you have to, I know you got this," I say clenching my fist on the bed. Harley rushes into the room and sits beside me.

"Jonathan will be on his way and so will Jervis. Pamela is gonna be guarding the door cause ya know how it is around here," she says holding my hand. I nod and give her a small smile. Johnny, honey please get here soon. I let out a small groan.

After a few more painstaking contractions, Victor gives me a dose of medicine and the door to the room slams open.

"Well look who made it!" Harley jumps up from her chair and rushes Jonathan over to it. His icy blue eyes are filled with concern as he quickly sits down and grabs ahold of my hand.

"I came here as soon as I could, " his other hand reaches toward my face and cups my cheek. I smile and melt into his touch.

"It's time," Victor says. I bite my lip.

"Okay." I hear people enter the house. The two voices are distinguishable, Jarvis and Eddie.

Its time Jackie; we wish you luck.

Thank you...

Jonathan's POV~

"Jonathan!" Jackie screams, clenching my hand tightly. Sweat is making her face shine and her brown eyes look tired. I hear pacing outside of the room in the hallway, most likely Jarvis.

"You're almost there, I promise the pain is going to be gone soon," I console. I rub her hand as she pushes again on Victors demand. A cry rings out, but not from Jackie. My eyes widen and she breathes out softly. Victor carefully brings up a new life and shows us, a boy. Harley, wearing gloves and all, takes him to clean him up. My eyes cannot go off of him.

"One child to go, Cranes," Victor says to us going back to Jackie. I feel her rub my hand. "Push." Jackie whimpers at first, then lets out a cry making me shut my eyes. I bring her hand to my lips and kiss her softly. Another push, then another, and another. Then finally, a cry rings out once more. Victor brings up our daughter. Harley pulls down her mask and shows us a big smile, walking over with our son.

"A baby boy here would like to see his momma," she giggles handing him to Jackie. Her hands gently reach to him and pull him into her arms. A brown waft of hair is upon his head. Her brown eyes glisten and look upon him. They then shift to me, along with a brilliant smile. I smile, my eyes feeling watery.

"Do you want to hold him?" Jackie asks me, her tired voice barely above a whisper. I smile more and bring him into my arms. He opens his eyes, peering up to mine. An icy blue, like mine.

"Hello, Christopher," I grin. I look to Jackie to see her holding Violet. Unlike her brother, her hair is about darker and when she opens her eyes they're surprisingly... green. A vibrant shade of green.

"So unique," Jackie whispers.

"Well hell, they look half and half. I don't know if they look more like Crow or more like Johnny," Harley pouts.