Chapter 20

Cold wind howls in my ears, throwing my hair back and forth, tickling my face. My body feels weighted down by a sudden pressure, making the butterflies dance in my stomach.

My eyes flutter open to see bright blue sky above me. I slowly sit up straight, my mind involuntary screaming at me to not look down just yet. My heart hammering against my rib cage, violent enough for me to hear it drumming in my ringing ears.

My hands start sweating, my breathing becomes uneven as I turn to look at my surrounding. When I see where I am my mouth goes dry and my muscles lock in, making it impossible for me to move.
Not that I planed on moving even an inch seeing as I was a top a thick branch of a tree, that was three stories high.

My panic attack kicks in. Windpipe clogs up, I forget how to breath and feel woozy as my head starts spinning and everything becomes a blur.

"Its okay" A husky and so very familiar voice sounds from above.

Arakh swoops in front of me and holds my hands, his light gray wings surrounding me, covering my view of the ground sprawled in front of me, awaiting for me to plunge to my death.

"Shhh...Its okay, I won't let you fall" Arakh assures me, rubbing calming circles on my arm. Urging me to take deep breaths.

Taking shallow breath is all that I keep doing for a whole minute or two, before coming to my senses.

"What the hell Arakh? Do you want to kill me?" I scream at him, slapping his shoulder as hard as I can.

As soon as those words leave my lips, I am pulled back into the moment this morning when I once again remembered his betrayal and ruthlessness with which Arakh killed my grandmother.

Angry, hurt tears start pooling in my eyes, as the feeling of hurt, betrayal and fear sting my heart, overpowering it and my senses. I feel a blinding kind of rage spark within me. I want to kill Arakh right here and now for what he did.

"No, Rose I just want you to listen to me. I am innocent and until you don't believe me I can not let you go" he spoke in a calm tone, no doubt to calm me. His words however felt anything but calm in my ringing ears. They were hammering around like church bells signaling the upcoming death.

"Look I just wanted to show you my memory so you could see for yourself that I did not take her life...but it is not working, Rose" he pleads with me to understand him but how could I.

So many lies he has said. Hiding the fact of his massacre up in heaven, keeping things from me. If it were not for Leo and Rezekiel I would have never know anything. Now my grandmother's death. One that I saw from my own eyes. Him standing over her dead body with blood on his hands. My sweet innocent and beloved grandma's blood.

How dare he after all this, look in my eyes and claim to be innocent?

"There it is..those words. Forgive me Rose. You say you are innocent and yet you plead guilty" I whisper to the winds, looking in the opposite direction.
My words hang thick in between us, silently echoing in my own ears. I clutch the wood under my palm for control rather than support as I feel a sharp knife of anger pierce through my skin. The rage of it making me blind.

"Forgive me Rose....That' what you said right? Tell me Arakh did you enjoy killing her? Did you enjoy taking my old grandmother's life? Did it give you power when you rubbed your hands with her blood, you Monster" I scream the last part at him, clawing the air near him to reach him and dig my nails in his. Arakh gives me a hurt look as he flinches at the word monster.