41. The Ways Of Politeness.

"Tell me, where," Roy groaned, frowning at the now unconscious assassin in his grip. With a frustrated sigh the archer let go of the man's collar, turning to Batman. "Got anything?"

The Caped Crusader shook his head, stepping over a considerable amount of bleeding and unconscious men dressed in black. "Don't let down your guard." he cautioned, just as a once unconscious assassin jumped up and threw a dagger at him.

"Get a life." The Dark Knight said unhurriedly, catching the sharp knife between his fingers and sending it's owner a nice kick.

"I guess he's the one we're keeping." Roy picked up the dazed man, staring at the warehouse full of bodies as he slung the assassin across his shoulders.

"We should-" cutting the bat's sentence was an arrow he barely dodged. Ducking and rolling to the side, Bruce glared at Roy who raised his hands in the air, inevitably dropping the assassin. "It wasn't me!"

The assassin groaned as he hit the floor, Roy scrambling to catching him only to drop him again when he had to dodge a barrage of arrows coming his way. Flipping backwards, he was tempted to use the assassin as a shield but instead he ran to Batman. "I think I've lost the hostage!" he yelled, using Bruce as a shield and nocking three arrows into his bow, shooting into a spot east of him.

As another assassin fell off the roof, paralyzed by the electric arrow, Batman pulled out batarangs, sending them into several assassins on the roof. "We're surrounded." he kindly informed Red Arrow.

"Hold on, I've got to take this call." Roy said seriously, shooting another arrow into the leg of the person charging towards him. "Why assassins anyway?" he grumbled, tapping his comm.

"Hello?"

"Surrender now, or we take the boy." a calm, computerized voice spoke into the Archer's ear.

"Okay, give me a sec." Roy put the call on hold, turning to Batman. "They want us to surrender now or they take the boy." the archer almost sneered.

"Call him." Bruce said, his voice dropping degrees by the second.

Roy tapped on his comm, jumping back and shooting some arrows before Dick picked. "Are you alright?" the archer asked, skipping pleasantries.

"Roy, Wally's been hit." the birds sounded out of breath. "We're a couple minutes from the mall and-"

The call cut. "Damn!" Roy punched the assassin running towards him in frustration. "They've jammed the signal."

"Roy," Batman's voice made Roy want to surrender just to get away from the angry parent.

"Y-Yes?" The archer stuttered, letting go of the assassin whose nose he had just broke.

"Get out of here." Bruce ordered.

"Yes!" Roy didn't bother arguing, only people with death wishes argue with Batman when he went into full on, Daddybats mode.

"Remember to be polite," Bruce growled. "Very polite."

Roy only nodded repeatedly as he backed away. "Yes boss."

The assassins seemed to be just as afraid because they stopped attacking, letting Roy effectively escape.

"And if he is hurt, call the police." Batman continued.

Roy paused his punching of stunned assassins to look at Bruce in confusion. "Why? To stop the assassins?"

"No," The Dark Knight answered, his eyes narrowed into slits as his cold voice sent chills down the spines of everyone in his vicinity. "To stop me."

"Oh," Roy said slowly, running out of there with all the life he had in him. Dick, please be alright. The hero ignored the people shooting at him, getting on his bike and racing to the mall. If you're not alright, we're all screwed.

Roy knew firsthand what Bruce could do when it involved his little bird and he still had the bruises from Batman when Robin's health was involved. Roy couldn't help but wince, hoping Wally could take care of Dick till he could get to the mall. To be at the receiving end of Batman's fury wasn't a nice thing.

-

Assassins were not harmed in the making of this chapter.