04: Silver Ring

Liandra woke up with no particular reason, or maybe it's because of her sore neck

Liandra woke up with no particular reason, or maybe it's because of her sore neck. She didn't move at all while sleeping; her position was the same as when she fell asleep last night.

Last night.

Her eyes widened as memories rushed back into her mind. She sat up and was momentarily blinded by the sunlight seeping through her curtains. She blinked repeatedly until the blurriness faded away. She finally saw the empty couch on the living—wait, empty couch?

She stumbled through her sheets and almost ran out of her bedroom. Where is he? She thought, looking around her unit, but there's no trace of any other presence that is Judah Kohen.

Was she that exhausted? She didn't even notice or hear him leaving!

She even left her bedroom door open, in case he needed something, she could be alerted instantly. But it seems like there's no need for that.

Was everything just a dream? Was Judah just part of her imagination then?

She was about to rake her right hand through her blonde locks when her movements abruptly halted. Something's wrong. She slowly brought her hand down again in front of her face and saw the reason for her weird feeling. On her ring finger was a silver band covered with diamonds.

She gasped and even wiggled her fingers to see if it's really there. Jesus Christ, is this real? She started inspecting the ring and felt her heart beat faster when she saw the letters engraved on the side of the band;

Jeon J.K.

Now she knew it wasn't a dream.

Her musings were interrupted when she heard her phone faintly vibrate against her wooden bedside table. She went back to her room and was greeted by tons of message notifications.

From: Big bro

Wangbi, are you already home? You must be sleeping, it's late. Good night :) I'll call you soon.

From: Rylie ♡

WHAT THE FUDGE DID I JUST WATCH??!

From: Rylie ♡

Danica uploaded the video OMG bless her soul. But I still need to hear your side, you know as ur BFFL :*

From: Rylie ♡

Lian wake up or else

From: Rylie ♡

Ugh. Why do all exciting things happen when I'm not there to be part of it! YOU BETTER CALL ME THE SECOND YOU WAKE UP! I NEED DETAILS GIRL!

From: Rylie ♡

I'll be waiting for your call, okay?

From: Eureka

Li? I fell asleep the moment I came home :< I wasn't able to wait for your text, but you didn't text me either... you're home right?

From: Eureka