Chapter Fifteen

This such a cool banner! Thank you so much --awesomesauce-- I wish I could tag you, but Wattpad sucks and because of the dash, it won't let me :p

If you would like to send your banners in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

So I'm officially opening a cover competition! I'm starting Fate's book soon, which means I need a cover!

Since it's a new series, it can be a different concept (although I would like it similar) the book will be titled "Fate" by the way.

The only rule I have is that it needs to fit the Wattpad dimensions for a story cover. The creator will be full credit in the prologue of the book!

You have around a month! Send in your concepts, and I'll let you know if you win! Thank you guys (:

Word Count: 2171

~Alaya

I'm stunned by how striking Asher is, despite having met him before.

The calibre of power in this room is immense, yet everyone seems uneasy of him. Death turns away, while Aspen folds his arms over his chest, looking down at his feet. I can't take my eyes off him. I'm fascinated. He radiates power, filling the room with the invisible force.

"Home," I say lightly, testing the word he had easily thrown around. I can't say this looks anything like home to me. Before this, I never believed the immortal lands existed until now.

Asher shrugs his coat off. I watch the movement, as he rests it on the bench.

"Aspen," Asher says carefully. I can hear the tone of his voice; hear why his brother seemed so afraid of him. "What is Alaya doing here, away from where she belongs? And out of bed, too."

The mention of bed brings my mind back to my aching stomach, and I quickly rest a trembling hand on the wall for support. The last thing I want to do right now is collapse in front of them. I need answers, from Asher, and now that he has arrived, I'm going to get everything out of him. That is, if I can speak to him alone...he doesn't seem too happy to see me.

"You know we couldn't send her back and risk her being seen again by Shanae. She doesn't have a clue that we saved Alaya," Aspen reminds him, his tone shaky, as if standing up to his brother is the most terrifying endeavor.

Asher's jaw clenches. "You should have send her to another Pack. Changed her name. Dyed her hair or something."

I frown. They are talking about me as if I'm not standing here.

"I don't agree with that," I say, and Asher drags his gaze over to mine. Those impressive golden eyes pin me down, stripping my bare with his full attention. I take a deep breath, trying not to show him that I'm intimidated.

"It's not about what you agree with," Asher tells me. His tone is smooth, as if he was agreeing with me, despite his words. "It's about what will keep you safe."

A surge of anger filled my veins. He's an Alpha, yes, but he has no right to dictate what my life is like. If I woke up in another Pack with a new name and different hair, I wouldn't have taken it lightly. Never to Sky and Carter again? Even now, I'm missing them. I'm going to make sure that I see them again, away from this nightmare. I go to open my mouth to echo my thoughts, Aspen cuts me off.

"And she's not safe here? With us?" he questions.

I'm glad Aspen talks back to Asher. If it was just myself and the Alpha left to discussing, I would be out the door trying to find my way home out of frustration. I'm not sure this is going to go Aspen's way.