≪20≫

"Thank you for keeping me company, I will get going now," I said and got up, picking up my bag.

"Wait, I want to ask you something," he said blocking my way.

"What?"

"Why are you lying?" his question took me off guard. What is he talking about!? Which lie...!?

"What do you mean...?" I was about to say 'no, I and Matsuzaka Aya is completely different person' but thankfully I stopped myself from digging my own grave on time.

"You know what I mean. You are not dating Aniki, aren't you?" he asked taking me by surprise. Phew, at least he doesn't know about my double identity.

"Why do you think so?" I asked gingerly.

"Because he is into boys," he said and narrowed his eyes suspiciously as I gasped.

"How...?" I couldn't bring myself to speak out the full question  due to my overly surprised state.

"I came to know about it about few days ago," he shrugged. "I thought you hated your brother," I said in surprise. "I don't like him, I didn't deny that," he stated.

"Now tell me. Why are you lying?"

"Um, well, he had spread out that he was dating principal's daughter. I met him at that party and came to know about that and decided to help him out somehow,"

"Help? Like how? Turn him to like girls?" he asked little aggressively.

"No, to make his- your father accept the truth, I guess," I said and he looked surprised. "So you don't feel disgusted?"

"No, I will support him. He didn't commit any crime. Now please can you keep this a secret?" I said lowering my voice.

"So if you are not dating him, you are not dating anyone, right?" he asked.

"Eh? Uh, yeah," I said fidgeting with the tip of my hair nervously.

"Okay then, I will keep it a secret if you agree to something,"

"Agree to what?"

"To date me instead. In world's eyes, you would be dating Aniki until everything gets sorted out. But in reality, you will be dating me," he said with a smirk.

SHIT... No way I am dating this bully even though he doesn't do anything if I am in my real appearance, I cant date him. If he will come to know about my real identity, he will surely hurt me or worst, kill me...

"I... I cant..." I said nervously. What if I deny right now and he wont ever talk to me? All the plan I plotted with Haruya san will go to waste!

"You know, I can tell him something like you spilled about him being a gay in front of me," he said with a devilish smirk. "No! I never revealed that,"

"But you did agree when I asked you so you confirmed about it. So after all, it was you that I am now completely sure that he is into boys. I could do something and blame will be on you," he said. He is such a double standard bastard! Where the heck did all the good attitude go when he talked with me!?

"Just joking, you don't have to," he said and suddenly started to laugh. "Eh?"

"Just forget about it. I was just teasing you. I wont say anything about it to him. We don't even talk at first place," he said with amused smile. "But your expression was priceless," he chuckled and opened the door for me.

"I'm glad you came into wrong room today," he whispered behind me as I went through the door. "Eh?"

"Er, nothing. Come back any time, Pochi-Tama really likes you," he said pointing to the innocent puppy who was about to get out of the room. Hagiyama pushed him back, "no, you cant go out," he said and put him back on bed.

"Why don't you take him to walk or something? It wont be good for the dog to keep only in the room," I suggested and he nodded. "Well, its actually because no one knows he is here. And this is the secret you gotta keep," he said with a smile. Like real, contagious smile. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

By the time, I was so curious. What would have happen to him that he turned so violent specially to poor people? What did the girl had to do with all of his outburst?

As I reached home, I called Haruya san and updated him with whatever happened in his room except for the part that his brother knows about him being gay and also about the puppy. I promised him after all.

"By the way, I have one question," I said after telling him everything.

"Yeah, ask me anything."

"What happened with your brother that he turned so violent over poor people?"

I got few seconds silence in response before he started talking.

"She was someone Akito fell deeply in love with," he started. "I'll tell you about her first. So she belonged from a really poor family. Sometime she came wearing same clothe for couple of days consecutively, she was that poor. Sometime I even felt like she couldn't eat properly as she was getting thinner and paler. And we didn't mind as she was really nice not only to Akito but to me and Fuyuko and anyone. Her mother had a bakery that didn't run quite well and she knew quite good baking too and even though it was little, whenever she came over, she was always with small piece of her handmade cake for all of us and specially more for Akito," he paused.

"One day, Akito gave her a ring which meant everything to him. That ring was not only really expensive but it held so much meaning to him," he said and paused again.

"So he proposed her? Like officially?" I asked and I heard him chuckle.

"Not exactly propose, the ring was a boy ring. He just wanted her to have it, he trusted her that much. And it was just next day, she vanished. She completely lost contact with him and never showed up at our place again. I think he tried to visit her but she never showed up," he explained and I felt bad for seeing him just as a bad person.

He did have a rough past. And just because of that girl, he thinks all the poor people around him is a gold digger.

"So he thinks she ran away with the expensive ring he gave to her?" I asked gingerly.

"We know she did. Why else do you think she would never contact him again? The ring was worth of buying a brand new car," he said and sighed heartbroken.

"And why does he hate you and your sister too? You guys had nothing to do with the girl being a gold digger,"

"After that incident, Akito started to close himself up and never talked with us too. We tried to talk with him but he never responded. It just been that way ever since the incident and he never talked with us like before."

"That's just so... sad," I said not finding any other appropriate thing to say.

"Yeah, it is. I don't know if we can bring him back to what he used to be back then," he let out a humorless chuckle that broke my heart. We must do something about it. That bloody gold digger cant just get away with what she did!

"Lets find that girl," I blurted out before I could think what I was saying.

"What!?"

"Lets find the girl and confront her. She needs to pay the price for what she did."

. * . * . * .

Hey~!

I'm sorry for so late updates, but I hope you understand my condition.

Well, how do you like the chapter? Do you think they can find the gold digger girl?

I hope you're enjoying the story! Tell me what you think about it! :)