★ Chapter 18: It's on ★

Sans woke up to the muffled sound of screams coming from the kitchen.

It sounded so far away.

There was a peculiar sensation running through his body that made him feel like he was floating, it was strange.

His mind was somewhere else and his memory was unclear.

Looking around, he realized he was in Grillby's bar.

It was completely empty. 

The echo of the voices he had heard a few moments ago got louder and more vivid.

They were so familiar to him, yet so alien like.

It was ironic how his mind couldn't recognize a voice he felt like he had heard throughout a large portion of his life.

Sans closed his eyes, falling back into unconsciousness for a mere second and then back to his mysterious reality.

How he wished Grillby was with him. . .

Grillby. . .

Grillby. . .

Sans' eyes shot open at the realization.

It was the voice of Grillby he had heard.

Why was he screaming in such agonizing way?

What were they doing to his beloved?

Who were "they"?

What was going on?

Instinctively, Sans tried to rush to the source of the screaming in a vain attempt at protecting Grillby.

Something held him back, causing him to bounce back onto the booth.

Confused, Sans looked behind his back.

He frantically tugged but nothing changed.

His wrists were tied behind his back by a rope.

Suddenly, the memories all flooded in as the effect of the drug slowly subsided.

This was Chris' doing.

Almost as if the world was at the favor of increasing his rage towards the human, the screams of Grillby were heard again.

This was the loudest he'd ever heard Grillby, and he didn't like it at all.

He could feel a part of him die inside with each scream.

His screams had many voice cracks in them and it was clear that he was growing weaker.

He sounded like he had been through hell for a long time now.

Sans couldn't bare to hear anymore.

He needed to do something, quick, before it was too late.

The longer he sat there, the longer Grillby suffered at the hands of Christopher.

What did Christopher even have against Grillby?

Various emotions accumulated within Sans' soul.

He was in pain and confused.

He felt guilty for getting Grillby involved in this, but he also felt pissed.

His anger was bubbling up in his chest, his left eye flashing a neon cyan blue for a fraction of a second.

He felt like he was going to burst in madness.

Wait.

Rewind.

His eye lit up.

Sans smiled at the new hope.

His eye lit up without causing much consequence to his health.

It was a small fraction of his magic, but it was just enough.

More of his magic had returned.

He could beat Chris.

Without thinking any more about it, Sans began pulling his wrists away from the rope.

Hands, were an essential to having a well stabilized and controlled magic.

They helped with accuracy, thus the monster wasn't wasting attacks and valuable energy needed to defeat his opponent.

Sans' main focus was his left hand, his dominant hand, since his magic had concentrated there over the past couple of years of training back in the underground.

That's the hand he needed to free the quickest in order to succeed.

Sans pulled once more, as hard as he could.

It was painful, he could feel his wrists dislocating from his joint.

The ropes dug through his bone with the sharp power of friction, down to his bone marrow, and pulled at his wrists with great force.

This certainly didn't help his previously injured shoulders.

It hurt so bad, but it didn't matter.

When placed in a situation of life and death, every risk was worth taking.

His HP slowly decreased more into smaller fractions.

Then it happened, his wrists finally slipped out of the rope.

His hands were free.

Sans looked down at his hands and popped his right dislocated wrist back in place.

Not minding the pain, Sans couldn't help but to grin at the thought of what was coming for Christopher.

It was on.

—•ღ•—

Edit of October 27, 2019

We stan an inactive author with stress