Prince of Knights Chp31

Salamu Alikum and Eid Mubarak. I pray everything is going great and you guys are having an amazing Eid. Enjoy the chapter.

__________________________________________

"My lover asks me:

"What is the difference between me and the sky?"
The difference, my love,
Is that when you laugh,
I forget about the sky"
―Nizar Qabbani.

A tempest rose in Badr's heart as soon as he wrapped his arms around Raghad, his sister. The Rashideen felt his throat tickle to such an extent that severe emotions ascended in his chest. The bitter weather around them turned his blood frost in his veins just from her mere sight. Ya Allah! The world around the brother dimmed, he did not care where he stood, it did not matter that he stood a few feet away from the door of the masjid where men commenced to pray Fajr. Badr moved his right hand and placed it on Raghad's head to sooth her. Her broken sobs were like sharp daggers that tore through his thudding heart.

"Raghado," he whispered in a hushed voice, petrified that his voice might betray him. "Raghad habibti do not weep. For Allah's sake do not shatter me."

At his words, he felt her trembling hands grasp his robe tighter and tears soaked the front of his kandora. "I have longed desperately to see you, Badr. My heart, this foolish heart has been thirsty over two wretched moons." Raghad cried and pulled away to examine his face. Her ravenous eyes took in his face, his white headdress that hid his hair and the brown thobe that hugged his form. Ya Allah! She missed him dearly.

Badr smiled a smile which reached his tranquil eyes to pacify them. He rested his palm on her right cheek and wiped a tear with his thumb. "You have gained weight, Raghado."

In between her sobs, Raghad chuckled. She noticed traces of dark shades under his eyes and knew her beloved brother was exhausted and wondered what could have caused Badr restless nights.

Right when he heard the Imam go into the first Rakat, Raghad enveloped her arms around him once again and Badr felt his heart shudder in anguish. He desired to shut his eyes and send prayers to his Lord for bestowing him the sight of his sister. However, when he hugged Raghad once again his eyes fell upon someone and just from the sight of that individual his benevolent eyes turned dark and icy. Eagle of Knights, Badr, stood to his full height and looked Faris straight in the eye not letting go of his sister.

Badr observed as Faris came to a standstill, his gloomy eyes upon them with no sentiments whatsoever. Countless thoughts ignited the Rashideen's brain, the reason behind Raghad's journey, Faris's words on his wedding and the culprit who yearned to kindle a fire between the tribes. Slowly, Badr let go of Raghad, brought his hand to grab hers but swiftly lifted his gaze up to meet hers when he witnessed the headdress on her palm. Raghad shook her head to dismiss the subject for the time being. Badr gave a nod which said they will discuss this later. With that, Sagr Al Fursan tenderly grabbed her elbow and turned her around so that she stood next to him in a manner that now they both faced Faris Al Fursan.