2 | ACT I, SCENE II

P R E V I O U S L Y

"Long time no see, our future Queen?" he smirked smartly, his gold hair glinting. "We've come to take you back home, Edwina."

ONE FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK CITY, THE U

ONE FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK CITY, THE U.S.

EDNA TREMONT

I PAUSED FOR JUST THE smallest fraction of a second, then I used my might and gave the grey eyed man a hard kick where the sun didn't shine. He groaned the instant my knee made contact with his groin.

"Edwina, listen, it's me, Eric!" he shouted, but I tried to sprint off, snatching the glass and spilling the drink on the strangers as my survival instincts kicked in.

"Edwina!" the blue eyed woman protested, even as the glass shattered under her feet.

The older man had not moved even once, watching me with a wistful smile as I stumbled to my hobo. Fumbling around among the contents, I hurriedly looked in it for the handy little pistol, a licensed weapon I'd gotten exactly one year ago.  I felt a hand close around my neck as if to choke, and I turned, raising the SP101 to his temple.

"Who are you and what the fuck are you doing in my apartment?"

"You're hurt, Amphitrite!" exclaimed the blonde one, whose name was probably Eric, pressing a finger to the scar on the woman's temple where the glass had grazed her skin.

"Put that down, daughter," said the older man, and I felt the cold touch of his hand around my neck get tighter.

"Get your hand off me before I call the cops," I said calmly, directly aiming my gun at his heart.

"Edwina, just listen to me-"

"This is a licensed .357 Mag which will go off the moment I press this trigger, sir," I inched closer, the creak ringing in the silence.

"Wait a minute, Lord Tremayne, let me speak to her," said Blondie aka Eric, and I turned to him, pointing it to his head.

"Watch your steps, mister!"

"Wait," he said cautiously, looking at the older, red headed man. "Let her go."

"Looks like you have some sense," I observed, "now take some more steps back and show yourself out, please."

"Edwina, just give me a minute to explain-"

"There is no one by that name here."

"Just let me-"

"Didn't you hear me the first time, bastard?" I shouted. "Get the hell out of my apartment!"

Eric threw back his head and laughed suddenly.