A sharp wind blew against his skin as he sat on the deck of the ship, his (hair length) hair rippling with the wind, yet his eerie coloured eyes were full of concentration as he scanned the sheet of paper for the hundredth time. The words on the sheet had chilled him to the bone when he had first read it, but now, he only felt anger and a numb hole in his heart. The last words he will ever hear from one of his younger siblings were written on the paper;

'(Your name), please don't follow in Noatak's, nor my foot steps... we have let you down brother.'

(Your name) showed no emotion, due to how their father had raised them all, but if not for that, (your name) would have indeed cried.

'Don't listen to what father taught us all those years ago, it's no use. Neither I nor Noatak will be in this world when you finally receive this letter but heed this, live your life. Be free to do as you please. Travel, fall in love, have children, make me proud.'

A crewman past (your name) a plate of stew, and (your name) thanked the man. (Your name) looked into the wooden bowl he held in one hand. Vegetable and ham stew with rice, (your name) had to admit, despite not liking ham very much, it was rather nice. The cook was very good.

(Your name) set his meal down for a second as he carefully folded the paper and placed it into his pocket. He picked the stew back up and stood up as he went to join the rest of crew in their nightly meal. But there was still a part in the letter that bugged him.

'We were shamed, Noatak was no longer the leader of the cult and I no longer had power in the council... So I am going to ( or already have by the time you receive this letter ) blow up our boat. So we will both be dead. So do as I say, live out your life. Don't do what our father trained us to do, Don't try to kill the Avatar. '

(Your name) looked down into the pool of swirling brown, green and red in his hands. Why should he listen to his brother? He killed both his own brother and himself and for what, out of shame and embarrassment? If he knew so much, if he was as wise as he made out to be, he wouldn't have committed suicide and dragged one of his two last family members to the grave with him. Or in this case, the sea.

...

It had been just over two and a half months since (your name) had been on the ship. Captain Ta Min told (your name) that they were going to land in the earth kingdom very shortly. As the ship slowly stopped at the boat port in Ba Sing Sae, (your name) paid and thanked the kind female captain and was soon on his way, walking into the crime ridden kingdom. He was here for one thing, to master his earth bending, for it was his weakness... so was his fire bending... and his air bending... In all honesty, he had only mastered water. Although I guess blood bending counts? Or would that still be considered apart of water?

Yes, (your name) was the Avatar, And yes there are two. He was one, and not yet discovered by the world, and then there was the famous Avatar Korra. (Your name) had absolutely no idea what the Avatar looked like, and in all honesty hardly knew anything about her. He imagined she had dark skin (because she was from the Southern water tribe from what he had heard), and was in her mid to late forties, had long dark hair that was starting to grey... and that she was an old slutty hag.

The young man subconsciously rolled his eyes. Despite the Avatar probably being an up-herself bitch, she did have every right to. Because she was the Avatar after all.

With that much knowledge of the mastery of the four elements up his sleeve, he would be a little up-himself too.

(Your name) looked down at the cobble-stoned street, the sun shining in his eyes, making them look like glowing jewels. To anyone who looked past his mysterious, angry facade and dirty clothing, they would notice the attractiveness of his features; high cheek bones, a sculpted jaw, slightly messy dark brown hair & one green, one grey Iris. His eyes were the things that kept people away from him, as it was said to be a bad omen to have two completely different coloured eyes. It also made people look away from him, as it was quite hard to hold a stare with those mismatched coloured eyes of his.

That night, ( Your name ) paid to recide in a room in the Turtle-Duck pub, it's atmosphere within the pub itself was filled with cheering, jeering, sneering, farting & swearing, as well as the well known scent of Beer, vomit & perspiration. ( Your name ) decided that night that despite having a lack of money, he would treat himself to a well earned Beer.

As ( your name ) sat himself down at the bar, the Bartender walked up to him from behind the bar, rubbing the mug with a bit of cloth in his hands.

"What nationality are you boy? Your obviously not from around here."

( Your name ) looked up at him, his mismatched eyes meeting the bartender's own murky green ones. "I come from the Northern water tribe."

The bartender watched the young man's impassive face for about ten seconds, before he almost fell over in full blown laughter.

" Y-You, are from the Northern water tribe? You are as closely related to them as a wolf-bear is related to a Catfish!"

( Your name ) glowered. "But that's what I am. Fine, where do you think I come from then?"

The old man quietened down his laughter slightly, enough to examine him.

"Well that light skin you have means your most definitely not a water tribe's man. More like fire nation than anything else in terms of skin colour. You have the build of someone from the water tribe though, from what I can tell, or maybe even the air nation, I heard they are renowned for their lithe bodies, but of course... 99.9% of air benders are dead, beside Avatar Aang's family.

"Then there's your face structure, cannot fully tell, there seem  to be a couple of earth nation features such as that shape nose of yours, & those eyebrows. I cannot tell in terms of the rest of your face though.

"And then there are your eyes, the colour of one of them is green, definitely earth bender, & then the other colour is grey, one that I have never seen is terms of eye colour, I have absolutely no idea about that one I'm afraid...

"So in total; you are most likely 1 out of 8 water tribe, 1 out of 8 fire nation, 3 out of 8 earth nation, & 3 out of 8 Unknown."

( Your name ) stared at him. "How the bloody hell did you figure that out?"

The old man gave him a wink. "I have a lot of people come through this place."

Words: 1229