(Y/N) Springs

Hey there, OmegaEclipse here. This is my first attempt at a fanfiction but I love Borderlands and RWBY so I thought I'd try. Disclaimer- I own neither of the things I just listed or anything involved with them. Also you are 17 in this so yeah. Enjoy.

(Also warning this will have loads of references to the games so sorry if you get confused)

Marcus: Back again huh, do you not get tired of these stories. Fine. How about we skip ahead a bit for this one, ok. It had been around 18 years since peace was brought to Pandora, in terms of vaults and eridians that is. The planet is still covered in psychos, bandits, deadly robots and dozens of different species of wildlife that would attempt to kill you in an instant. But that is not important right now. This is the tale of the son of the Gladiator Athena and his adventure to another world. A world full of monsters and warriors much like Pandora... what. Thats it. Start reading you lazy Truxicans.

A single Skag walks accross the Dust alone obviously suffering from heatstroke. It looks up and sees a bandit technical barreling towards it. Instinctively it jumps to the side to avoid the truck.

The Skag looks pleased with its feat and is about to continue on its way when something falls from the sky crushing it in a ball of flaming wreckage.

(Y/N) stares at his latest kill, a buzzard he had shot the pilot out of using a new Jakobs sniper rifle he had bought from Marcus. He grins and looks down the scope again to see a Hodunk caravan with two guard Technicals. His echodevice buzzes with static as the driver sends an alert for no one to get near them.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): Yeah right, youd have a better chance of not getting robbed if you didn't alert everyone of your presence.
I chuckle and line up a shot on one of the drivers when I hear the static again and see a picture of my mother appear on the heads up display.

Athena: (Y/N) where are you? She asks seeming cross.
I hate when she does this. Ever since she settled down with my other mum and had me (artificial insemination) shes been overprotective as hell. She makes what Jack did to his daughter look like a simple grounding.

(Y/N): I'm just out in the Dust trying out my new gun.
I reply knowing exactly what the next words that I hear will be.

(Y/N)Mocking / Athena: What, without telling me. You are in... (Just Athena now) Stop mocking me and head to Ellie's, use the fast travel and come home now!
She yells and hangs up before I can get another word in.

(Y/N) Dammit all.
I groan as I head to Ellies junkyard. I see the... large woman (Mr. Torgue please dont hurt me) and try to get to the fast travel terminal fast. I nearly make it when i hear a femenine southern voice call out.

Ellie: Hey (Y/N), mamma calling you home already?
She asks with a snicker. She loves timing how long I actually spend out here before getting called back by my overprotective mother.

(Y/N): Yeah she did. So how long did I last today?
I ask chuckling knowing that like her mother she was a fan of a good innuendo.

Ellie: Haha good one. 52 minutes and 16 seconds. A new best!
She exclaims and waves me off as I press the option to sanctuary. I wave back as the blue digital light of the fast travel envelops me.

Athenas POV

Athena: I can't believe he did this again. I keep telling him he shouldn't go out there but does he ever listen. I just want to keep him safe.
I rant waiting outside the fast travel station with Janey for our sons return.

Janey: To be fair darlin, he just wants to be like you, a fighter.
She says trying to calm me. I think about that for a moment before seeing the fast travel light up.

We see (Y/N) materialise from the machine with the same angered expression as always. I also notice he is wearing my outfit from my Vault hunting days with the hood up covering his (H/C) hair. This doesnt matter as I am about to ignore my wifes advice entirely.

Athena: I cant believe that once again you disobayed me and went out hunting. I told Marcus to stop selling you guns.
I yell letting my anger rise again. Janey tries to diffuse the situation but before anything else happens he literally disapears using the ability passed down to him from his biological father, Zer0. (No hologram just temporary invisibility)

Janey: Lets just leave him be for now, he can come and talk to us when he calms down ok.
She says gently and the two of us head to Moxxi's for a drink.

(Y/N) POV

I can't believe her. I just want to go out and enjoy myself and be like her but no its too dangerous. I yell in my head as I walk into the Crimson Raiders HQ still cloaked. I walk past Patricia Tannis and upstairs to listen in on the latest meeting. I hear something about an undiscovered vault on a planet called Remnant. Before I can hear anything else someone pushes me into the Vault hunters line of sight.

I look back to see my biological father staring down at me a question mark projecting from his blank helmet.

?: What are you doing here (Y/N)?
A man with a spainish (what would it be classed as?) accent that I knew as Mordecai asked.

(Y/N): Oh um, just listening in. You know seeing what I can do to help and stuff.
I say nervously as he, Lilith and Brick stare at me. Zer0 has left us and I hear Lilith clear her throat.

Lilith: Look (Y/N) you're a good kid and a decent fighter but we cant just send you off to another planet that we know nothing about.
She says and sighs. I know she is right but I just want a chance to prove myself.

Mordecai: Besides your Mom would kill us all if you got hurt.
He adds.

(Y/N): But all I want is to go on an adventure like the ones you all tell me about, I just want one chance to show you all that I am not a kid anymore and that I can be useful.
I plead trying not to sound too whiny.

Silence...

Brick: I say we let him go.
He says breaking the silence.

All but Brick: Really.

Brick: Yeah, Little guys got heart, we give him his old ladys old gear and bam, Gladiator 2.0.
He says and I light up amazed that he was sticking up for me on this.

Lilith: Fine but if he gets hurt or killed were blaming you.
She says and Mordecai opens a locker revealing my mothers Sword Xiphos and the gauntlet that would digistruct her shield Aspis.

(Y/N): Thank you so much I wont let you down.
I say equipping the gear before taking a look at myself in a mirror.

?: You look just like your mother in that.
A new female voice says and I see Maya, the other siren in the Crimson Raiders standing by lilith.

(Y/N): Oh, Thank you. So how am I getting to Remnant exactly?
I ask before watching Lilith and Maya raise their tattood arms towards me. The sirens tattoos glow and I realise what is about to happen.

Mordecai: Good luck kid- wait Talon!
I hear him exclaim as I hear a caw before I am blinded by the bright light filling the room. I feel something hit my head hard and pass out as I am teleported accross the galaxy.

(Hey there everyone. I hope you enjoyed this first part. I know it wasnt the best and feedback/ Critisism is appreciated. Also who would you like to see our in over his head Vault hunter to be het paired with. Until next time. Thanks for reading and adios mi amigos and amigas)