Chapter 1

A/N: Hello! The setting is after chapter 74, but 75 and further may or may not appear in this fanfic. This will mostly center around their lives of becoming a K-Pop idol (and being one), so I'll try to be as realistic as possible, but still have the Lookism appeal. It'll be in the Narrator's POV unless I state otherwise.
...

In the cafeteria, every department would talk about the latest trends. Whether it was a brand name or a famous person, it didn't matter; if it was popular, it'll be talked about. So, it was not a surprise when someone mentioned:

"Hey, hey! Have you heard of the new K-Pop group?"

The girls turned to the voice and surrounded her before giving their own guesses.

While the girls were predicting the group, the boys seemed to be on a similar topic as they were talking about girl K-Pop groups.

There were some males who weren't in that group, though.

The Architecture Department only stayed back and observed; either not interested or just didn't want to join their conversation. Vasco, however, was neither as his gaze was around the girls, a tear falling down his eye.

Bum Jae staring at the usual sight, thinking, Vasco...

Everyone stayed loud and talkative until the door opened. The people walking through the door made everybody stop their conversations and stare.

Hyung Seok along with his friends, walked inside. The usual silence in the air, they got their lunch before sitting down.

The sound of their trays hitting the table made them snap out of their transfixed stares as they went back to talking, the topic changing from K-Pop to Hyung Seok.

"Hyung Seok is charming as always!"

"How can he look that handsome?"

"Che. Not bad. I'm still better looking."

Take off your sunglasses!

Hyung Seok had gotten used to the chatter about him. He's still uncomfortable about it, but other than that, he didn't seem to notice it compared to the past. However, what made him the most uncomfortable was a stare that seemed to be around him a lot. The only reassurance being the fact that something was telling him that the person was someone he knew and liked, so he left it be.

While the students were silently gossiping, a ringtone broke through it, making everybody look at the source. The stares placed on Jang Hyeon, the only boy in the Beauty Department.

It was a BTS song, "Run". Recognizing the song, the girls started commenting on it.

"Is that BTS?"

"Jang Hyeon liked them?"

"It's one of my favorite songs!"

As if nothing happened, he checked the caller. Staring at his phone with an unidentifiable expression, he ended the call.

No one said anything, wondering what happened until Jang Hyeon smiled:

"Unknown number."

Hearing his explanation, no one found it weird as they eventually forgot about it. Going back to their own groups, they started talking again.

They may have forgotten the conversation and moved on, but there was one person who was wondering who they were talking about. Park Hyung Seok.

...

Hyung Seok's phone was the oldest type you could possibly get. That didn't faze him as he didn't care much about products. The only thing he felt was slight bitterness since not only did he not buy his own phone, but his mother bought him it, despite barely having enough money.

One of his dreams was to get a phone. Now that his dream has come true, he thought that he should give the phone a try. Thinking, he thought of the things he could possibly do with it.

As if it hit him, he stared at his phone.

He started to sweat and tremble as he stalled.

Wha-what do I do?! This is my first time texting a friend! Do-do I just text them...? Is it that simple?

Clearly nervous with a tint of excitement, he gulped. With shaking fingers, he slowly pressed down the words. Having second thoughts, he continues to stall.

I-is this really a good idea? Maybe I shouldn't do this after all...

In the midst of thinking, his finger slips and presses the enter button. Panicking, he fumbled with the phone, not knowing what to do. Before he could do something, the other side appeared to have read it.

"Park Hyung Seok?"

Screaming in his head, he responds with even more nervousness, "Yes. This is Jae Yeol, right?"

The reply didn't take long as Jae Yeol sent a, "Yes."

Relieved, he sighs out loud. However, that doesn't seem to lighten his shakiness as he asks the next question, "Would you like to hang out some time?"

Sure, they have met outside of school before, but that was unplanned. Besides, that was when they were walking their pets. This hang out was only going to be between the two of them since Hyung Seok thought they were starting to get closer.

He felt like Jae Yeol would be the perfect person to ask to hang out with first. After all, Jae Yeol gave him his phone number in the bag of clothes he received. 

As seconds went by, feeling like minutes, the other person replied, "Sure."

Hyung Seok couldn't believe the amount of happiness that surged through him at that instant.

Fumbling with the phone for a different reason, he grinned.

They texted back and forth. Both clearly excited, but neither knowing. As they came up with the date, Hyung Seok nodded despite Jae Yeol not being able to see him, "Meet you next week?"

"Yes."

...

At the convenience store, small Hyung Seok and Duk Hwa were chatting.

Time going by, Hyung Seok started to lose stuff to talk about. Getting nervous, he thought about what he could say as it started to get quiet.

As if remembering something, Hyung Seok asked, "Who's BTS?"

Duk Hwa seems surprised, but explains anyway.

"They're a K-Pop group consisting of seven males. They've been quite popular lately."

Hyung Seok nodded at the explanation before Duk Hwa asked, "Why the sudden question?"

Panicking, he makes an excuse right off the bat, "Because the other Hyung Seok was curious."

Duk Hwa perked up at that.

"Hyung Seok wants to become a K-Pop idol?"

Still panicky, he nods.

That seems to make Duk Hwa excited, "Really?"

Not letting him answer, Duk Hwa hands him a phone number:

"Tell Hyung Seok to contact me if he wants to know more about K-Pop."

He takes it. Surprised, yet sad that he lied to his friend.

Duk Hwa looks at the time before standing up and patting nonexistent dust off his lap.

"It's time for me to go."

Hyung Seok stands up too, "Bye. I'll make sure I give him the information."

Duk Hwa nods before he waves and leaves.

...

I went on with work without realizing that my lie would change my life forever.