Chapter 30

Song: Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer
Cover by: Alexi Blue

I was sadly strolling down the halls, with my head dropping and my hand pitifully gripping Americas ring box that lay in my pocket. I heard some actual good music that was very unlike the pop music Prim usually listened to in her room. The singer had a beautiful voice and I couldn't help but poke my head in through Prims open door.

"Oh my gosh, Maxon!" Prim greeted me. "Just listen to this music. Isn't it great!"

"It's just more of that pop stuff about a breakup you always listen too," I lied.

Prim rolled her eyes. "No it's not. This isn't just some Taylor swift album. This is good music. The way she sings makes it so obvious she went through a very bad break up that was a real. It's different than all those other songs."

"Who's singing it?" I asked.

Prim Peered down at her iPod. "She has a couple songs. Some girl named...Rose Singer."

I looked up and her eyes met Mine.

"You don't think..."

"No Maxon," Prim said, squishing my dreams. "It's just a coincidence."

I looked down. I knew it wasn't really America, but it was a good singer. The way she sang about this guy, made me think he was just the fool and not her.

"How's the hunt for her going?" Prim wondered.

"Not very good. they haven't found any signs of her anywhere," I sighed.

"They'll find her. I wouldn't be surprised if Delaney already has. Maybe you should give her a call."

Yeah. Maybe..I should.

~oOo~ Americas Pov

I laid down on the chair, as has become tradition over the past two weeks, with Daemon sitting in a chair next to me and Lola sitting across the room because she thought it was entertaining. These writing sessions had become my own form of therapy. I would tell Daemon all of my problems and sorrows and he would almost simultaneously turn it into lyrics and I would go write a melody. Than we'd go and sing it at the bar (than drink a little/ a lot afterwards.)

So now I sit next to Daemon, who has his pencil poised on his notepad, pouring my heart out.

"Now remember...The song isn't going to be exactly what you say. I have to add things to make it appeal to the audience," Daemon reminded me. He said this before every session.

"I know," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Okay than. Go."

I took a deep breath and let it all out. "I keep on thinking about our last kiss, the way his lips tasted. And how we didn't know that we wouldn't be together later that day. I've been in contact with my sister in law who's friends with him, who says he's doing fine. I can't help but hope he's feeling lonely. He said so many words that hurt me and I only hope he read the ones I wrote him. Well, the rebel wrote me. "

Daemon began his scribbling on the notepad and the tears started flowing.

"Sometimes I start to wonder if everything was just a lie. Because if everything was real, how could he just be fine. I remember the day he told me he was leaving, well...told me to leave. I remember the makeup running down my face. It was so embarrassing. And all the dreams we made together, he didn't need them, just like every other wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia, so that I didn't have to remember the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to him and all the memories that I just can't escape. I hope he's not fine, because I'm not fine."