Chapter 9 - Curiosity

Imma give you guys a nosebleed >w> XD Bwahahahaha!! Enjoy Madara sama's hotness! 

This chapter is dedicated to _Shiroh_! Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~

Akina pov:

Upon hearing a groan, I turned my attention away from the herbs I was grinding to the injured man lying on one of the mattresses. I left the herbs as they were, semi grinded, and hurried over to the man. I sat on my knees next to him and reached out to touch his forehead gently. I removed the cold cloth I had placed there and checked his pulse at the base of his neck.

"W-what happened?" He asked in a hoarse voice.

"You were unconscious for three days, sir. You were poisoned." I explained gently. "How do you feel now?"

"Like shit."

I flinched at his choice of words but I didn't say anything in return. Instead, I dipped the cloth in water, wrung it and put it back on his forehead.

"This Senju b*******! They think they're so great! I'm going to – hrrkk!"

He was cut short of his complaining when he tensed his body too much. He gasped at the pain he felt and I couldn't help but let out a soft sigh.

"You shouldn't try to get up or stress your body, sir. You need to rest." I said with a smile which I hoped he returned.

"Ah yes. Thank you, Akina." He responded, the smile heard in his voice.

I gave him a nod, still smiling, and got up so I could get back to preparing fresh medicine.

More than two weeks have passed in a flash since I began to treat the ailing and injured in the Uchiha Compound. The days have been really busy because there are usually at least six to seven shinobi coming in every day at different times for treatment. Most of the shinobi who come in are those who are poisoned or are suffering from wounds that cannot be healed by the medical nins. If I had to cater to all the shinobi injured in the fights, I'm sure I would have more patients than what I can manage.

Hiro and I were shifted to another room closer to the infirmary and closer to a bigger herb garden once we began treating shinobi as the Uchiha Clan's official healers. One of the rooms in the infirmary was assigned specifically for patients who would come to us for healing while the other rooms were left for the medical nins to patch up less serious wounds.

In the time I have been here, I have come to understand more about the Uchiha. They're a lot more powerful than the shinobi I have treated before besides a few from the Senju Clan and they have a lot of stamina and endurance when it comes to pain. They have a lot of brute strength, which I unfortunately got a chance to experience and ended up with a painful bruising on my upper arm that lasted for four days, and are rough when talking. When they interact with me, they don't bother with the honorifics and merely call me by my name. But I make sure that Hiro and I speak to them respectfully, always using sama and san when required.

As far as I have seen, I don't think Madara sama is the only one with a short temper. All of the shinobi I've attended to till now have very short tempers, especially when they talk about the Senju Clan – the Uchiha seem to hate the Senju with a passion so strong. They're also very impatient and expect things to happen in the bat of an eye lid. It's a little tiring to deal with on a daily basis but I've learnt not to poke my nose in their matters unless really required. If they ask me for an explanation on my treatment procedure, I explain it as simply as possible and if they ask me for my opinion on any clan's behavior, I pass it off by saying I am mostly unaware of the details.