♤27

I tried my best to walk down the stairs but the sprain in my ankle was being a pain in the ass. A small whimper escaped my lips which had my father stop in his tracks to look back at me.

I made a face before pointing at my feet.

"What  is it? " he asked, walking up to me before crouching down to take a look.

" It's just a sprain. I slipped and um-fell in the shower.. " I trialed off.

He chuckled before shaking his head." Come here, you small thing" his hands moved to lift me off my feet, holding me up against him before walking down the fleet of stairs like a king.

My mother who was setting the table laughed at the sight.

"Dad, I'm too heavy.  Let me d-"

"Shush! You're as light as a feather " he spoke, before walking all the way down and sitting me on one of the chairs around the dining table.

Minutes passed and-

" This.. " I chewed on the first spoon full of food I had shoved into my mouth, "is too good".

The sound of spoons clinging against the plate, glasses being filled with liquid and sounds of food being chewed was everything I heard until dad called out.

"Chae"

"Umm? " I raised a brow, looking up at him with a mouth full.

" Your mother and I have a few questions for you " he took a sip from his glass.

I nodded immediately as if signaling them to ask away, as I felt shivers creep up my body. Nervousness.

" Is there something going on between you and Jungkook? " my mother's voice was like a knife through cheese.

I nearly chocked on the rice, coughing twice and drinking some water hoping it would calm my nerves down.

Why would they ask me that all of a sudden? Have I been that obvious? Or worse.. Did they hear noises or something?? Kill me!

It would be very wrong to lie to them at this point. Especially when they are being humble and only trying to know about what's going on in their  daughter's life.

" We are just a little more than best friends now.. " I answered.

A small smile played on my dad's lips while mom on the other hand, seemed to be mad.

" Are you serious Chae? " she snapped.

" I just didn't want to lie to you"

"He is not the one you should be-" she shook her head, placing her fork down.  "He's not the right one for you honey!"

"Why would you say that? " I quickly questioned.

" I've seen him for as long as you have" she glared.  "He has been and done things with a lot of girls before and I don't want you to be one of them!" her voice louder this time.

She was concerned. That's what all this was about. I had no doubt that she loved me and for that matter, Jungkook too. If only she would let me explain things..

"He has changed" I said softly.

"Change? Really? "

" Mum, we love each other "

" There is no future for you with him dear. He's not the type, a girl like you should date! "

" But I-"

" Are you dating him? " dad's voice came through.

I hesitated to answer. Jungkook hadn't asked me out yet. He had not address me as a girlfriend either.  But since we had exchanged those three words, I nodded- making us official at that moment.

"I did not expect this from you"  my mother spat.

"What else did you expect? " father growled at her instead of me. " You raised her this way! It's your fault. Who let them sleep together? "

"Papa, it's not mum-"

"Shut your mouth Chae Joo Eun!"

Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes. I knew how brutal he could get. Dad could only be two things, extremely sweet or extremely rude, and silence seemed to be the best thing to hold on to.

"Best friend.." he started, "that's what you told you and we trusted you blindly and completely." his eyes bore into mine and I tried my best to avoid eye contact.

"Friendship? bullshit! What have you been doing behind our back?" he paused.  "He will ditch you, and you will come to us, crying! "

It was as if reality was trying to slap me in the face, yet I refused to believe it. I knew Kook loved me. Loved me differently.

" I'm different! " I argued.

" Oh are you now? How so? "

" I'm his mate dad!" I yelled at once.  The room fell quiet. My parents leaned back against their chairs, an expression unreadable plastered on their faces as they exchanged looks.

Disappointment? Anger? What was it?

Should I not have said what I said? They were bound to find out someday anyway.

"Call Kook. Ask him to come over. Now"

His orders were firm. He was the only man whose borders I wouldn't cross and who's orders I wouldn't disobey.

I wanted to question him. Ask him why? And protest but instead, I took a deep breath and called the said man.

I had my phone pressed against the side of my face. My eyes were fixed on the plate in front of me while my parents' eyes were fixed on me.

"Baby! " Jungkook cheered on the other end, as soon as he answered the call.

" Come over " was all I could manage.

" What? Now? "

" Yes "

" Someone's missing me huh? You need them kisses bae? " he chuckled.

" Jungkook please, just-"

" Are you okay? "

" No. come over "

" On my way "

" Ten minutes? " I asked.

" Five! " he hung up.

---

Ayo hitmam bang introduces, hit it the second audition!