The One With Gellert Grindelwald

Chapter 46 The One With Gellert Grindelwald

"You found another Horcrux?" Harry exclaimed with a big smile. Merlin had come home from the airport to find the trio waiting for him on the stairs.

"I did," Merlin nodded and hung up his brown jacket.

"Is it really inside Gringotts?" Hermione frowned. "How will we be able to get it from there?"

"I could sense the magic when I went down to my vault." Merlin explained. "It's one of the first ones built so I passed quite a few vaults on my way down there and it was unmistakable." He grimaced when he remembered the signature of the magic. "It's such a dark magic and now that I know the signature it is hard to miss."

"Did you see which vault it was in?" Ron asked.

"I did," Merlin looked at them with a frown. "You won't like it."

"Which was it?" Harry seemed to steel himself for the answer.

"The Lestrange vault." Merlin saw their faces fall.

"How will we ever be able to break in there?" Ron stood up and threw his arms in the air in frustration.

"I don't know yet." Merlin sighed and started to pace. "We will need to plan out every detail we can before going down there." He said without stopping his pacing.

"What did you see when you were down there?" Harry said eager to start the hunt for the next Horcrux.

"There's a dragon," Merlin chewed the inside of his cheek as the thought of how to get in the vault.

"A dragon!" Ron exclaimed.

"Yes," Merlin nodded, not noticing the distraught tone in his voice. "And they have installed a new security ward that washes away unwanted spells on the visitors and dump them over the edge if they have ill intent, so we will need to use solely Old Magic when we disguise ourselves."

"And you will use your Dragonlord skills on the dragon." Hermione stated.

"Yes," He nodded slowly. "That's the only way, but it won't be as effective as with Aithusa." He stopped the pacing and studied the pattern on the floor. "Today's dragons are a mix between a Great Dragon, Aithusa, and Wyverns. I have never been able to control Wyverns as good as a dragon but these cross-breeds are easier to control than real Wyverns, so that's something."

"But how will get the Goblin's to take us down to the vault in the first place?" Harry said.

"One of us could dress out as Bellatrix." Hermione suggested.

"That's a good idea," Merlin nodded and started to pace again, it helped him think. "But I'm not sure it is doable, what if she turns up when we're there."

"We could kidnap her and stash her some place no one will find her." Ron said with a half-smirk.

"Don't be stupid, Ronald." Hermione shook her head.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Merlin stopped and looked at them. "If we can find her and cast an imperius curse on her, we can use her to get us to the vault."

"Do you really think we'd be able to do that?" Hermione raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"Who knows," Merlin shrugged. "But we can at least try. If she's too strong for the spell, then we just do as Ron said and knock her out while one of us impersonates her."

"Then all we need to do is find her." Ron said with a smile, happy that his idea would come to life.

"Which is easier said than done." Harry sighed.