≪21≫

"Yuuya kun!" I rushed to where I saw the glimpse of wheelchair turning into a corner. Some people looked at me like I was a madman. I didn't bother their stare and rushed to where I saw him and saw he was going into the principal's office.

I waited outside because I saw him after many days so I was  eager to talk to him, I couldn't wait till the end of the school and it was recess anyway. I waited there for about five minutes before he came out.

"Aya san!?" He said in shock as he noticed me.

I was about to ask him where he was for so long but then I noticed his bag on his lap. Why is he carrying his bag around? There are still few more periods for the end of the class for today.

"Why are you with your bag?" I asked gingerly. I hope everything is okay...

"I'm leaving the school. Today - in fact, right now is the last moment in this school," he said looking at the floor.

"What!? You are going to run away from the bullies without even fighting!?" I said disappointment dripping from my sentence. I did feel bad for him and I could understand him but I felt like my effort to try and save him was a waste. If he was leaving the school already, he could have told me!

"No, its not like that. When I went to the hospital that day, the doctor said I could get better treatment in Nagasaki District. He said I might even get better to the state where I will be able to use crutches for walking."

"Nagasaki!? That's so far away. I'm sorry I said that earlier, I thought..."

"I understand, its okay. Thank you for being there with me and making my last few days in this school worth living," he said with a genuine smile.

"Will you come back?" I asked going near to him and he smiled sheepishly. "I think so, I don't know," he shrugged.

"When are you going?"

"This Wednesday. That's day after tomorrow in the morning flight of 8 O' clock," he said.

"Which airport?"

"From Haneda. Will you come to see me off?" he said excitedly.

"Of course, I will," I promised him. It pricked me because that was going to be the last time I would ever see him before he would come back to Tokyo god knows when.

"Thanks. I have to head back now. My parents are waiting down," he said and bowed a little before wheeling his chair away towards the elevator.

I was taking my lunch box out, ready to go to the usual place on the ground, under the corner most cherry blossom tree when I felt someone tapping my back.

"Mira chan?" I was very surprised to see her.

"Um, can I have lunch with you?" She asked sheepishly.

"Y-Yeah, sure...?" I said more like in questioning way.

Mira chan usually avoided me since I started to get bullied. But now a days, magically everyone stopped bothering me and I had no idea what was going on.

"I'm sorry I always neglected you. I thought I would get bullied too if I was seen talking with you. Because there was one guy who was good friend of that wheelchair boy and then he got bullied too. It was so bad, he changed the school for the last year. I didn't want to face that situation. But I felt very bad for you, Aya chan, trust me. I wanted to talk to you but I was always scared if I'm being watched by anyone from this school," she said as we reached under the tree.