Encyclopedia of the Supernatural

Below are a few excerpts taken from the Encyclopedia of the Supernatural.

Many of these creatures/or their characteristics are of my own invention, including some of the Demons sup-species, Mystics, Werewolf transformations, Vampire curse, and creatures of Nightmare. Please do not copy. If you would like to use my idea please PM me. Copyright © 2014 

This has been updated to include a deeper canon for my vampires which I developed further while writing the third book in this series. Copyright © 2016 

The Realms

Thousands of years ago immortals and mortals traveling to the human world brought legends of their realms with them, hence the foundation to much of Norse Mythology. Earth is a center point between the realms, not existing on the same plane but somewhere in-between. Portals, or rips in the Void, allow travel between realms using Earth as a center point.

These are the realms known thus far...

The Upper Realm:

Alfheimr – Realm of the Elves. Lush and full of life with ancient forests.

The Inner Realm:

Midgard – The Mortal Realm. Much like Earth thousands of years ago. They have turned away from technology, instead embracing magic.

The Lower Realm:

Niflheimr – The demon realm. A cold dark world now uninhabitable, even for demons, after the Death Wars left it a barren wasteland.

The Outer Realms:

Muspelheim – A fire world of lava and rock. It is rumored the first vampires hailed from here.

Jotunheim – A realm of ice and snow. Dragons once ruled this realm before enslavement and near extinction.

The Void:

The empty space between realms and Earth. Nothing more is known.

Supernatural Species

A few excerpts on Supernatural Species.

Demons: Immortals beings easily detected by their black horns and long fangs. Demons share a bond, some even controlled, by a demon within. Males can give in to their inner demon and turn demonic, increasing their power. There are basic demons without special abilities and sub-species. All females are without special abilities no matter the sub-species.

Death - Killed via beheading or complete severing of the jugular.

Fated Mates - Debatable. Many claim demons do not have fated mates. However, those that have performed the mate bond believe differently. Demon mates often bring males peace and closeness to their inner demon.

Demon Sub-Species:

- Berserker: Physically the strongest demons who turn into savage beasts when demonic. They are often controlled by their demon within, a wild monster ruled by instinct. When demonic they grow in size, become even stronger, and turn dark blue. Best not to piss one off.

- Spectral: Weak physically with some telekinesis abilities. These demons can phase into the Void, allowing them to teleport anywhere they wish. They can be summoned by calling their names if they vow loyalty to the summoner. When demonic they can turn incorporeal.

- Fiery: Medium strength and power. When demonic they have control over blue flames.

- Imp: Tiny and weak, these tricksters go savage and attack without warning. Similar to Spectral demons, Imps can phase and be summoned, often used as servants by more powerful demons. They are the only demons to have tails and long pointed ears.