Lexi, the Distrustful

“I don’t want to have to take in a hooker Josh so you better not make him do anything stupid!” I told the man sitting in front of me, though boy fitted him much much better even though he was three years older than my twenty one years.

Josh grinned at me, and then handed me a plate with the dish he had been preparing, I had no idea what it was but it smelled good and cooking was one of the few things I trusted Josh on.

“You mean do anyone stupid?”

“Josh!” I groaned, and took my fork.

Josh rolled his eyes, and started to make another plate of the unnamed food “Don’t worry, the boy will be fine! And do you honestly think he could cheat on you? Right before he actually can say you’re officially his?”

“If you say yes, I’m demanding a divorce,” Blake said behind me and I turned around to smile at him.

“We’ll need to actually get married to get a divorce Blakey-Boy” I informed him.

Blake walked behind me, kissing the top of my head and then sat “Yes, we’ll get married and then I’ll drag you to our honeymoon and after that we’ll get a divorce.”

Josh, eyes still on the plate just said, “Gross,” but we ignored him.

I got up from my seat and went to sit on Blake lap, wrapping my arms around his neck, touching his nose lightly with mine. “Stay away from hookers.”

“It’s like you don’t even know us! Seriously, you’d think we’d do something cliché like going to a strip club for Blake’s bachelor party?” Josh snorted.

I turned my head to look at him and rolled my eyes too. “I have come to expect anything when it comes to you Josh.”

Josh handed Blake a plate and then grinned “She loves me, you know that right? You’ll marry a girl who’s in fact in love with your best friend. It’s the eternal impossible love story.”

Blake chuckled and I nuzzled him, mumbling against the skin of his neck “Josh is a tool”

“I know…” and then he sighed.  “Do we really have to do the whole not seeing each other before the big day? Because you know I won’t sleep…”

I raised my eyebrows. “Do you ever sleep?”

Blake chuckled, his hold on me tightening. “Point taken…”

I brushed my lips against his. “I love you.”

“You better!”

 “NONE OF THIS IN MY KITCHEN!”