28 - The Rigorous Training

"Control your mana continuously but don't let a leak of it go to waste. Again!!! " A loud domineering voice boomed out.

Hearing the cue,  the young lad in yellow tattered clothes started the double incantation.  "Water Dragon! " and in another breath of time "Wind Roc!"

A large illusory image of a dragon and roc appeared.  The dragon seems to be more transparent than the roc but regardless, it can still give off a fearful aura.

"Again!!!  Double incantation means that it should be invoked same time.  The Roc appeared a breath after the Dragon!  Also,  your mana poured on the water dragon seem to be lesser than the wind roc!" The voice seems to be more impatient this time. You'll be surprised that the voice actually belonged to the Tower Master Terra.

The lad nodded and started the incantation again.  Bathe in his own sweat, the lad lifted up both of his hands and summoned the dragon and roc again.  This time it was summoned same time but the roc's image is more transparent than the dragon.  The lad frowned and canceled the spell knowing that his master will not be pleased.  Indeed,  the lad is of course Yulrir.

"Again!  Your control on the Roc is lesser this time. Invoke them like it was an extension of your body! " Terra strictly shouted.

Yulrir silently nodded and again invoked the dragon and the roc. 

Yulrir and Terra had been undergoing the same training for a month now.  Yulrir was also surprised at how his elder sister Terra change so much when it comes to training.  It's not like he dislikes it, moreover, he is actually thankful that his master is strict. Terra patiently taught Yulrir some of her consummate skills like the wind roc and water dragon.  She also impart a technique of double incantation. She is actually awed that Yulrir was able to grasp those within a period of a month.  Although it wasn't as perfect as hers,  Yulrir was able to invoke it at ease.  Terra herself took 2 years to master it to Yulrir's level and 3 years to perfect it.  Yulrir definitely has a monstrous perception and talent.

"Very well, you're almost there. Stay at this pace. Replenish your mana first and we'll continue the rest later." Terra tossed over a small pouch containing mana stones.  These mana stones are valuable akin to qi stones.  They are usually used to replenish mana during war or long-term missions and battle.  It costs 10 silver coins per piece, a hefty amount for an ordinary cultivator.  Yulrir can't help but gape his jaw open every time his master does that.  He knew being a core disciple means he'll get a lot of benefits in cultivation resources,  but he never knew that it would be as generous as this.  Little he did know,  he is the only one who gets treated like this amongst the other core disciples.  Terra uses all her resources for her adopted little brother and doesn't mind about spending a bit as long as this adorable disciple of hers would get the utmost help from her.  Omegas are usually underhanded and she wanted to change that.

"Thanks, elder sis!!!" Yulrir excitedly exclaimed.

"I'll come back after 4 hours so we could continue training.  I'll also get a skill book for the other elements you wield." Terra gently added.

"Aahh!  Before I forgot elder sis,  can you kindly adjust and add the pressure here, please? It seems like my body had broken its limit again and I wanted to try if I can at least reach the 8th layer of an elementary warrior. " Yulrir mumbled shyly.

Terra's eyes glittered and almost at the same time,  the pressure on the 12th floor had been doubled.  Yulrir who stood listlessly earlier had become stiff and frowned a bit.

"There you go! Is that better?" Terra excitedly asked.  She is really proud of Yulrir's perseverance and excited on his development.

"Mhmm.  I can s-somehow still manage..." Yulrir mumbled.

"Good!  I'll leave for a bit.  Same instructions,  break the talisman if you feel like going out before I get back. " Terra added.

"Yes elder sis!  Thank you. " Yulrir genuinely smiled and with that,  Terra disappeared.

Yulrir let out a sigh and tried moving but to no avail,  he failed.  He gave up after awhile and sat instead to meditate.  He opened up the pouch that Terra gave him and pulled out a piece of mana stone with a size of a quail egg.  He regulated his mana and absorbed the contents of the mana stone without leaking any excess energy.  With this,  he continued meditating as he contemplates with the errors he had made earlier during the training.

"Failure is the mother of Success. " Yulrir mumbled to himself.  He doesn't fear failures,  instead,  he anticipates it.  With it,  he will be able to adjust and find a way to correct it.  With this,  he'll reach perfection.  This might be the difference he had from other cultivators and why he can utilize his talent of perception to the maximum.

He remained still for a while until he suddenly sneezed. 

"Haiiitchh--" one.

"Haiiitcchh--" two.

....

"Aiyaa... Why does my nose suddenly felt funny? " Yulrir scratched his nose and somehow felt uncomfortable.

"Is someone talking about me?! ... Eh?  Ridiculous...  It's only a hearsay." Yulrir chuckled.

"Haitchhhhh---"

"..."

-----------------------------------------------------

"I wonder how the fairy has been? I went to inquire about him but they said he was in closed-door training. Too bad,  I wanted to get some motivation but he isn't around." The white-robed lad pouted as he walked out of the registry's office. Of course,  this lad was Theo.

"Guess I'll have to wait a couple of months." Theo chuckled.

"Atta! I'll visit the old man and ask him for some training pointers." Theo looked around and frowned a bit.

"Where was the direction to the Old man's quarters again? "

**The old man here refers to the Venerable Headmaster.

---------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I feel happy that I accomplished 2 chapters today.  I was able to find enough time quq.  Don't worry, I don't have to narrate all the training that Yulrir is doing within 10 months and might as well jump to the Interacademic Tournament. I'll try my best to keep up. Thanks a lot for a whole lot support.

ILYSM.  *