Epilogue

Author's POV

"You're sure you're okay?" Josef asked for the millionth time, looking down at his annoyed mate.

"Yes! I'm sure! I'm just as sure as I was five minutes ago, the last time you asked me!"

Josef shrugged, giving him a wimpy grin. "Well, I know you're probably in pain so I was trying to-"

A scream cut Josef off, Lewis sighing and struggling to stand. He waddled to the room of their first child, Silas. Picking up the small boy, Lewis carefully placed him on his hip, under the large bulge of his stomach. Silas calmed almost immediately, his mother's touch reassuring him.

Lewis smiled gently, placing his head atop his son's. Josef joined them, rubbing Lewis's stomach gently. It was a miracle in itself that Josef had agreed to the name of their firstborn, but Lewis had managed to make it happen on the agreement that Josef named their second child. Lewis purred at the touch of his mate, leaning back and resting on Josef.

After Silas was rejected, he went back to his own pack. Lewis felt awful to see his mate like that, but Josef consoled him, hence the name of their son. Lewis laughed now, thinking of the scenario. He still felt bad, bit Lewis knew he'd made the right choice. Going back meant he'd have to relive the same nightmare he was forced to live in when he was younger, and he wasn't ready to face that.

In the end, it wasn't all Silas's fault Lewis refused to take him back. In hindsight, Lewis supposed the teachings of the pack were to blame. Being a very prejudice group, their opinions rubbed off on their young. Including the young Alpha.

Silas yawned in Lewis's arms, causing Josef to yawn as well. Lewis laughed at the two, pulling away from Josef to put Silas back in bed. This time, it was Josef that began to whine. Lewis waved him off and chuckled.

When Silas was in bed, Josef took the chance to sneak up, pulling a surprised Lewis into his arms. He held Lewis close for a while, both taking comfort in the sparks the other caused as their skin touched.

After a while, Josef broke the silence. "... It's going to be boy, right?"

Lewis snapped to attention, looking up at Josef. "What?"

Josef touched Lewis's belly. "The baby - it's going to be a boy, right? Isn't that what the doctor said?"

Lewis nodded, narrowing his eyes. "Yes... Why?"

Josef gave a sigh of relief. "Oh... Good."

"Why is that good?"

Josef grinned slyly. "'Cause otherwise, we'd have no use for this!"

Josef pulled Lewis into a room, one Lewis had never noticed before. Lewis looked around and gasped.

A nursery had been set up, a baby bed sitting right in the center of the back wall. A changing station was in the corner to his right, and a rocking chair was to his left. All the furniture was made of a dark brown wood that matched the deep blue of the walls. A shelf sat next to the changing table, and another across the room next to the chair. The one by the chair was filled with books and other toys, while the one by the table had baby bottles, clothes, and diapers.

Across the wall, above the bed, in large black font, read the name 'Riley.' Lewis looked up. "Riley?"

Josef shrugged. "I liked the name, and it's gender neutral. Even if we know it's a boy, I think it's a good name."

Lewis looked at the font thoughtfully. "Riley... I like it." He smiled up at Josef. "Thank you. It's beautiful and I'm sure Riley will love it."

Josef have a goofy grin and tugged Lewis's chin upwards. They shared a passionate kiss before Josef leaned over to Lewis's ear, whispering softly. "I love you, Lewis."