Chapter 9: Last First Kiss

What would you do?
Would you wanna stay?
If I wanna say. . .
I wanna be your last first kiss

My phone is ringing for the second time. It was Harry again I have already ignored his first call for today. And I am planning on doing the same on this second call. Yes! I am avoiding him. Ever since the awkward moment yesterday at the tutoring center where he told me he has feelings for me. I just sat there not saying anything and when he was about to speak again, I pretended that I have something else to do when in reality there isn't because I skipped Math class.

To be honest, I also couldn't understand myself. I know I should be happy that he likes me or that he is having feelings for me since I already have a little crush on him. But it scares me. I don't know what to feel. It was a mixture of excitement and anxiety. It's not a secret how people look at me at school. They hate me for some reasons that even I never understood. While he was hailed as the heartthrob given that he had only been in our school for less than two weeks but somehow, he was able to capture the hearts of the student body.

Why me? Why does he like me? I am not pretty and I definitely don't have a supermodel figure like Kendall. I am naive and as sure as hell I am not popular.

I have canceled our tutoring session yesterday too, reasoning out that I have a project due that I have to finish but the truth is I cannot stay in the same room as he, let alone breath the air he breaths.

Maybe you think I am crazy and maybe I am. But I was okay with just me having feelings for him. Cause I am afraid that if we continue to hang out knowing that he has feelings for me will make me like him even more. What if he's just confused? What if it's not real? I might be the only one with real feelings in the end. And I am not ready for that. For my entire teenage years, I have never been attracted to another person except for Zayn which I think lasted for only two seconds because he was a complete jerk so that doesn't even count. So yeah, I am chickening out but I also wanted to still help him to get his grades back up. So, I am so confused right now. I am completely torn between helping him and avoiding him.

"Sweetie, you have a visitor. Come down here please," I heard my mom call from downstairs.

It might be him. Oh my God! Today is Saturday and both my mom and I stayed at the house. I meant stay because I haven't gone out of my room for the entire day unless I was going to eat cause the last thing I want is to make my mom worry about me. She gets a little over the top when it comes to my health since I have inborn asthma, to the extent that a simple cough she rushes me to the emergency room. So, feigning an illness is a no-no.

"Who was it, Mom?" I shouted back.

It's already noon but my room is still dark cause I haven't turned the blinds off. Two days ago, I realized that my room window is at the exact opposite of Harry's window so whenever the blinds are turned off, I can see him from there which happens to be all the time because he seems to not close his windows or turn his blinds on. So, I don't want him seeing me from here because I am avoiding him until I can decide on what to do.

"Hey, it's me."

I almost jumped off the bed when I heard that beautiful British accent. When I turned my head, I saw him standing in the doorway wearing, of course, his white V-neck t-shirt, a pair of faded jeans, and converse. I like how he looks in converse but I also like seeing him wearing his Chelsea boots. He just looks so handsome and hot with the bird tattoo on his collarbones are very visible. Oh my God! What am I doing drooling and lusting over him?

"Hi," I gave him a weak smile.

My heart started pounding so loud that I can even hear it when he started walking his way towards the bed, then I realized that I am still in my pajamas. This is such an embarrassment, because it is not the sexy pajamas you can see people are wearing on TV, it was a Hello Kitty set of pajamas. I pulled the covers to somehow hide my embarrassment.