- 20 -

"Shit," Hoseok whispered, staring blankly at one of the monitors that now had a straight line instead of a zigzagging one. "Suga's heartbeat stopped."

Moments later, Jin's as well.

Everybody was silent, and not a sound was heard inside the van.

Jimin didn't know what to feel. He didn't know if he should be angry, or sad, or go crazy with all the shit that's happening. It's like his very soul left his body. He felt nothing, and at the same time, he felt everything.

A tear dropped.

Then another.

And more.

His trembling hands were fisted and his tears continued to fall but he was just there, sitting idly and staring at the floor of the van, not speaking a word.

This is not happening, he tried convincing himself. This is just a dream. I'd wake up soon and Suga-hyung will be there beside me, alive and sleeping peacefully just like the last time we slept beside each other.

This is all just a bad dream.

Even to his own mind, Jimin sounded desperate.

"Does that mean that they both..." he heard someone whisper. It sounded like Jungkook.

Jimin was too preoccupied with his own thoughts that he had not noticed that Jungkook and Taehyung were already in the verge of tears, having just realized what happened to the two agents who risked their lives to save them.

Jungkook's lips were wobbling as he held on Taehyung tightly, feeling dread all over him.

The whole van was still quiet, but Jimin's mind was not. It was full of thoughts at once. The happy memories, the irritating memories, the regrets. All of it. And everything was about his Suga-hyung. His Suga-hyung who was always there to comfort him. His Suga-hyung with the mischievous smirk and gummy smile. His Suga-hyung who always argued with him.

This is not happening.

Jimin was drowning, he was drowning in all his emotions, in all his thoughts.

He almost did not hear it when Hoseok suddenly spoke.

"Wait. Something's happening."

Jimin's head snapped up so quickly. His hyung's voice was serious, and his face even more so, as he stared at the monitor displaying the status of Suga's and Jin's pulse rate. From where Jimin was seated, he couldn't see what was displayed there.

"There are weak heartbeats coming from them. They're...they're alive..."

Jimin hadn't been faster in his life as he stood up and walked over to where Hoseok was.

"But I don't think they're conscious," Hoseok explained. "It looks like even the receiver in their lapels are confiscated so we can't communicate with them. I can still track them though. The enemies haven't noticed the tracker behind their ears."

Jimin blinked.

They're still alive.

"We should save them!" were the words that came out from Jimin's mouth. He sounded so determined, even to his own ears.

Hoseok looked unsure at the suggestion. "I don't really think that's a good idea, Jimin. The main mission here is to keep you safe. I can't leave you be and save them. It's either I try to ask another agent to help or I would try to contact Y. Those are the only options I've got."