4. On Stalking Terms, Again?

"Scarlett, I'll see you after a while in your office," Aaron said to Scarlett as they stepped out of the private elevator. She gave him a quizzical look and he further added, "I have a meeting to discuss the turnover and other related things, which are important and cannot be delayed." He explained apologetically.

"Sure, I'll be joining right after I finish - " She started to respond, but he did not let her finish.

"That's really not required, Scarlett," he paused, "I'll take care of it. Why don't you just get to your office and manage other things?" He suggested, "I do not question your ability to work under stressful situations but today, it's no big deal and besides, you can concentrate on other things, right? I'll meet you soon. Take care, darling." He finished it all in one go and giving a small kiss on her forehead, he turned to leave. Before she could protest, Scarlett could already see his retreating back as he quickly made his way towards the conference room.

Apparently, Aaron does not seem to like the fact that Scarlett was under an emotional roller coaster ride and he does not wish to let her be torn in between those stressful work schedules and tasks. While on the other hand, Scarlett had protested multiple times and almost every time, she'd win the argument as well, but this day was different from all the other times. She was genuinely stressed and despondent. Therefore, she let it be the way it was at that moment.

Scarlett was greeted with the pleasing smell of roses the moment she opened her office door. "Oh!" She exclaimed in a bolt from the blue. A happy grin replaced her depressed face that only had frowns since last night. Her mood immediately changed to a cheerful one as she closely looked at all the different kinds of flowers. However, frowns soon formed on her forehead but again, a bright, gleaming smile crept at the corners of her lips, inhaling the fresh scent. It was Aaron. Now, it all made sense. This might be the reason he deliberately made her go to her office room so that she can get that revelation. Well, Scarlett definitely found the act sweet. Her gaze involuntarily landed on the L-shaped couch near the glass wall and her brows rose in astonishment. There rested an extra big teddy bear with a red heart at its centre, where 'Love' was written on it. There were also a certain number of beautiful red roses placed right beside the soft furry toy making her forgive her misery completely.

Aaron, she muttered as she decided to take it first. He'd never failed to take an opportunity to engross her and surprise me. He was so persistent, for her not to join him in the meeting.

Scarlett advanced a few steps as she stopped by the stuffy enormous toy, feeling its softness against her skin. Whatever Aaron did was very kind. Suddenly, the door to her room opened, revealing Grace, her assistant. She was less of an assistant and more like a friend to Scarlett.

Grace had a wit smirk plastered on her face as she vaulted up her brow at her, for her haughtiness.

"I wish someone could do something like this for me!" She exclaimed vividly, adoring the view of the room as she took out a flower, stroking its petals tenderly.

"I feel light-hearted," Scarlett confessed, as she smiled followed by a brief hug.
"Don't let this smile leave your lips. You deserve it, boss," she stroked her arm. Though only a little, she did slightly have an idea about Scarlett's unhappiness. The topic involving Dylan is so sensitive to my heart.

"Well," Aaron emerged from behind carrying a disorientated look as he looked at the room filled with different kinds of colourful flowers. His brows arched up in a daze as he passed Scarlett an amused expression, "I wonder who's got that amount of time?" He expressed questioningly with a snicker leaving a startled Scarlett to glance at him with a frown on her face.