(If you ever come back)

“I can’t believe he didn’t remember me” I said crying out loud in front of my own boss as he was comforting me.

“Come on April obviously you are way better without him” He replied back as he handed me another pair of tissue so I could wipe my eyes. Taking the tissue out of his hands I wiped the tears that were fresh on my cheek.

“H...how? It’s been six years. Six years I had to wait until we got together, but there was just always something that came in the way and when there was nothing this happens. I can’t believe this happened. I can’t move on…I still love him Leo” I told him softly. I was breaking up from the inside as much as I was from the outside. My chest was hurting from my heart race and my heart itself physically being broken.

“April you don’t love him” Leo said looking at me sadly as I felt his big hands grab mine from my lap that was on top of the duvet of my bed. Looking into his crystal blue eyes I nodded my head as a yes.

“I...I do Leo I do. I don’t know what I’m going to do without him. I don’t know what I’m going to do without him. I waited all this time for him no one else but him. And now….now it’s all just been chucked into the bin” I said resuming back to the water works. Leo rubbed my hand softly with his thumb as he sighed.

“Where’s that brave girl gone that fought with anyone who messed around with her?” Leo asked me. I sniffed and looked up at him with my drowning eyes. “Where’s the girl gone that didn’t take no for an answer? Where’s that girl gone which always fought for her word? Where’s that girl on whom I first saw in my office door?” He asked gently. My eyes reflected back into his as we both made contact but didn’t utter a word until I broke it.

“She left hours ago. She left when the man of her dreams broke her heart” I replied back in a monotone.

“April” Leo said in a peaceful voice.

“I just want to be left alone” I told him.

“But y-“

“Please” I said pleadingly.

“Fine. I’ll go and I’ll even order something for us to eat I’m horrible at cooking” And with that he left the room shutting the door behind him. As I drowned in my sadness even more

**********

“Are you feeling ok now?” Leo asked me as he looked at me from the other side of the table. Nodding my head I took a bite out of the vegetable samosa letting it fill my taste buds. Leo had ordered some Indian Food as he wanted to take something different than Pizza. “Come on April talk to me” He said tiredly this time, looking from my plate I saw concern written all over his face.

“I’m fine. I’m honestly ok. I might not show it but I need some time to just…sink in all of this” I told him. He sighed loudly and carried on eating his food. Lies. Whenever someone asks me if I’m ok, the only response I’ll give them is a lie because I’ll never be ok. I’ll never be just fine or happy when the person who I thought loved me walked out of my life and just thought that playing around with my feelings was going to be ok.

“I’ll tidy up from here you should get some sleep” I told Leo as I stood up from my chair and took my plate in my hands. Leo looked up at me and gave me a blank look.

“How about I help you and then get some sleep” He replied back with a small smile. This just reminds me of the time in my job interview.

(Flashback)

“Mr Salvatore is waiting for you” The secretary told me as she gestured me towards the door. Standing outside the door I took a deep breath as my heart beat was racing as I knocked on the door.