Chapter 21

^^^ Stacey, Sean's friend with benefits ;)))

Liz POV
"Shit shit shit! Why is he so goddamn fast?!" I  thought to myself as I pushed myself to run faster, determined not to lose to him.

"You might be the slowest person I've ever met!" He hollered behind him as he continued speeding.
Fuck you Sean.

Knowing that I was going to lose, I had to think of something. Fast.
My ego insists that I win at all costs. Besides, if I didn't, he might pester me even more. Annoying dick.

I stopped running and starting panting like a dog, trying to catch my breath.
Gosh this was tiring.

Think Liz. Think!
Uhh uhh
I glanced around, trying to think of something before a lightbulb went off in my head.

"Sean! My ankle! It hurts!" I yelled out, loud enough for him to hear my cry.

The moment I uttered those words, I wanted to facepalm. Dammit Liz. Couldn't you think of anything better? How on earth would this even stop him?

I watched as he continued running towards the entrance of the school and I felt a small twinge of disappointment.

Oh please. What were you expecting? Him to run back and carry you because of your fake sprain?

I grumbled under my breath in annoyance. But that was before I noticed him stopping in his track moments before he reached the school entrance and running back towards me.

I tried to hide the broad smile that was threatening to appear on my face.
Outside, I might have pretended I was in pain. But inside, I was overjoyed and doing a mini dance.

He reached my side within seconds.
"What happened? Did you fall?"
I nodded meekly, still maintaining my facade. I pointed to my left ankle, pouting slightly to make myself look more pitiful.
"You're so freaking clumsy sometimes..." he muttered loud enough for me to hear as he wrapped his arm around me, letting me lean on him for support.

"Now, you're gonna head straight to the nurse and get that iced. And don't pressure on it. It's gonna hurt like a bitch later." He said, sounding like a parent ordering their child.
I took in his features, the way his eyebrow furrowed and his eyes focused on my 'sprained' ankle, concern flashing in them.

I smiled, heart slightly fluttering.
I said slightly. It was kinda sweet how concerned he sounded after all...

"Sean?" I smiled cheekily.
"Yeah?" His eyes raised up to meet mine.
"You're a nice guy..." I said. And I meant every word. My cheeks flushed a little when I said that. Probably cause of the running...
"I know." He smirked.
"But you're realllly gullible." I laughed as I immediately took off running.
I heard him gasp loudly in exaggeration before running after me.

I rushed through the school gates, clapping gleefully as I watched him enter after me.
He glared at me playfully while I laughed at his reaction.
"You know that was'nt fair right?" He grumbled.
I laughed.
"Technically, I won in the end so I'm going on that date!" I smiled broadly, even though a part of me rather spend time throwing insults back and forth with Sean.
Before he could counter back, I saw Stacey, the pretty brunette I saw back at Sean's apartment that day, run to Sean and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Usually I would have groaned at the sight of any PDA in school, but this time instead of awkwardness, I felt jealousy course through me.

Of course I shrugged off those foreign feeling. I'll think about it later.

"Oh hey! Liz right? Threesome girl?" she turned to me and laughed as she made me remember that embarrassing moment. My eyes widened before groaning playfully back at her.

She let out a small chuckle before resting her hand on his shoulder.
"You!" She poked his cheek in a friendly manner.
"You never call me over anymore. Did you... move on?" She laughed as she wiggled her eyebrows at him, glancing at me suggestively.

My face reddened once more out of embarrassment, eyes widening in shock, letting out a nervous chuckle.
Sean rolled his eyes playfully at her.
"I'm not blind, Stacey"
Before I could smack him for saying that, Stacey slapped his chest hard, making him let out an ouch and making me giggle.

"So... down for Friday night? I've got the house to myself." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at Sean. His eyes flashed to me for a moment and in that second, I saw his eyes flash with excitement, as if a lightbulb just went off in his head.
What is he thinking now?

"Well, actually, I was thinking if you would want to come to the carnival with me. I bought tickets but I have no one to go with." His eyes flashed to mine for a brief second before darting back towards Stacey.  My eyes widened slightly in hurt, feeling like i just got replaced.

"Ooo! Didn't know that the carnival was already in town. That sounds fun too! So meet at...8?"

He smiled before nodding, a little too eager for my liking. Stacey then bid her goodbyes, rushing off to meet her friends and once again, leaving me alone with Sean.

He turned back to me, meeting my slightly hurt look in my eyes. His face wore an anticipating smirk, as if he was waiting for my reaction. I quickly tried to mask it, not wanting him to see how his actions had affected me.

"Finally! you can stop pestering me! Well...Good luck for Friday!" I smiled. His smirk faltered a little. I turned on my heels and walked away, desperate to have some alone time to think about all of these conflicting feelings in my head.
"Good luck on Friday for you too!" I heard his loud voice yell back.

Damn Sean. What are you doing to me?

I headed to class after taking my books.
I was lost in my own thoughts on the way to class.
Do I like Sean?
It can't be right? I mean, yeah he's attractive, and sweet, and funny, and...
The image of our very first kiss floated into my mind as I thought about him, making me blush slightly.

And...
no matter how much I want to deny it, I think... I think I might have feelings for this guy.

I gasped softly to myself  I shook that thought away immediately. I can't. Sure, we can be friends but falling for the playboy? That's over the top. That's only gonna lead to heartbreak and misery down the road. Right?
I rubbed my face in annoyance as I entered the classroom, determined to let the teacher distract me from these thoughts.

A/N:
Yikes, poor Liz
My exams are almost done yay!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Missed writing this book so much. Thanks for all 2K reads! Every single one of yall are awesome :)))))