Chapter Nine

It had been exactly one hour since Georgina and Kurt decided to hold Harry back in the holding cells for another forty eight hours, just for precaution. Georgina was spinning around in her chair staring up at the ceiling and allowing herself to slip into a state of dizziness.

"Georgina! Focus!" Kurt snapped, causing her to stop spinning herself around in boredom. She was stuck at a dead end, she couldn't figure out who did this and she sure as hell ran out of theories. She was beginning to believe Harry was truly innocent, Will was definitely still in her curious books. I mean Will lied about the scar on his arm, Harry's story was way more believable than his was.

If Will can lie and make Harry seem violent when Harry claims a completely other version occurred, what else could Will be lying about?

"We need to figure out who she was with in the last year and a bit," Georgina sighed, running her fingers through her hair and grasping her pen ready to write ideas on the sheet of paper in front of her - that was completely blank. "If Harry's guess is correct then it must have been a year and a half ago when she was involved with another guy before Will. He said he doesn't think that Ruth and Will were together that long before Harry was in the picture."

"The only way to figure that out is by talking to her family," Kurt shrugged, typing on his computer pulling up the home address for the Slater's.

"You don't still think Harry did it do you?" Georgina asked, secretly in her head she was begging for him to say no. It was like she grew a soft spot for Harry, it was more of a sympathetic soft spot really. She didn't care, she just felt bad for him.

"I don't know," Kurt mumbled, looking over at her as she yawned, her eyelids remained shut for a few seconds before she reopened them. "I have a question for Styles, you go get some caffeine to waken up and I'll be back in five," Kurt said sharply, pointing over to the coffee machine in the corner of the large room.

"No I'm okay -"

"Gina I'm serious, go wake yourself up I'll handle this," Kurt smiled warmly, standing up and excusing himself as he walked in the direction of the holding cells. Harry was back in the cells he was in not long ago, this was becoming a second home to him. He knew he didn't do it, why could nobody else see that but him. "Hello Styles," Kurt smirked, loving the sight of him behind bars. Kurt was always a very... Interesting detective. He loved getting a rise out the suspects, playing with their heads a little and just being down right sarcastic and cocky. But he never got told off, it was entertaining for all the other members of the precinct.

"Oh great," Harry muttered, he definitely preferred Georgina and her smart mouth over this douchebag.

"I have a question."

"And I have an answer," Harry shot back, sitting back on the hard bed and looking at Kurt with curious eyes.

"Is this marking really related to Ruth or did she just know about it? Because if she knew about it then anyone else could have too."

"She carved it out herself - with that damn pocketknife," Harry groaned, that damn pocketknife was beginning to be a bloody nightmare for him, it just seemed to pop up everywhere lately. "She didn't tell me where the tree was or who it was for, she just said when she gave me it that she'd only used it once to carve something into a tree."

"You didn't think to ask?" Kurt questioned, already knowing his reply will be filled with sarcasm.

"Oh yeah, cause I knew she'd be fucking murdered with the same damn object," Harry rolled his eyes already craving the feel of wrapping his hands around Detective Lawson's neck and ringing it out for being so dumb. "Usually when someone brings up the topic of an ex you distinguish the subject before it gets any further. Ex's are to be kept in the past, not to linger in current relationships. I didn't want to know about how cute her and her ex were together, I only gave a shit about what we were doing."