Chapter 8

"Lo, we need to go. I want to get there on time," Camila says as she patiently waits for her girlfriend to get done with her makeup.

"I know, babe. I'm almost done," Lauren says putting on the last of her mascara.

"I do not know how you wear makeup, it makes my face feel heavy. I don't like it," Camila says scrunching up her nose. Lauren smiles at her from the mirror.

"Come on, dork. Let's go," Lauren says with a chuckle.

"A dork is actually a whale's penis, s-so no I am not a dork," Camila says matter-of-factly as they walk out the door of Lauren's house.

"I guess I'll just stick with babe then," Lauren laughs at her insanely cute girlfriend.

"Yes, I like it when you call me babe," Camila says as she plays with the purple octopus that Lauren keeps stealing from her mom's office.

"So what do you think about school starting back next week, miss already valedictorian of my class," Lauren teases as she drives to her mom's office, to return the stolen octopus and take Camila to her session.

"I don't want to go back," Camila answers shortly.

"Yeah, me neither. I hate school," Lauren says even though she already knows that's not the reason Camila doesn't want to go back.

"No, I love s-school. It's a new s-school year which means a new s-schedule. That means an abrupt change, I don't like that," Camila explains.

"Yeah but you got your schedule earlier than the rest of us right," Lauren ask.

"That doesn't matter, it's just words. I won't know what's actually going on until it s-starts," Camila huffs.

"Well you'll have me so it'll be okay. I just hate that our two month is the same day as school starts," Lauren pouts. They pull into the parking lot.

"We can s-still do s-something that night, I'll s-start planning once I get home today," Camila informs Lauren before pulling her into a kiss. The sparks still have yet to vanish for Lauren, and she hopes they never do. They stay like that for who knows how long, pulling each other as close as possible. A knock on the window brought them out from the kiss. Lauren looks up to see her mother staring in through the window. She waves her hand motioning for them to come on. Lauren laughs at Camila's face as they get out of the car. She gives her a reassuring kiss on the cheek.

"We're fine, babe," she whispers in her ear as she pulls away. Camila gives her a half hearted smile, genuinely scared that the woman walking in front of them was mad. They walk into the building, no one saying a word. Clara stops and turns to them as they reach her office. Lauren goes to get something to drink across the street, kissing Camila goodbye.

"I have a present for you, Camila," Clara says as she opens the door and walks over to her desk.

"Sit down," Clara adds, smiling. Camila walks over to her normal seat to see a small stuffed giraffe sitting there. Camila looks up confusedly at Clara.

"You always talk about giraffes and I just wanted to thank you for making Lauren happy," Clara explains, confusing Camila even more.

"But I'm s-supposed to make her happy, s-she's my girlfriend. I wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I didn't make her happy. S-so why are you thanking me for it," Camila ask.

"Because you're the first person Lauren's ever been with to say something like that. Lauren has never been as happy as she is now, and I know it's all because of you," Clara tells her.

"Lauren deserves to be treated good, Clara. I understand that," Camila informs her girlfriend's mom.

"Well thank you. Now we should probably start your session," Clara says. Throughout the whole session, Camila never let go of the giraffe that was found in her seat.