Chapter 17

The Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

Azazel looked at me long and hard before sighing. "Well... How are you going to get there?"

I thought about it. How was I going to get there? Not unless... I grinned, looking over at Azazel. "Get Airick down here. Tell him to bring Seth, too."

Azazel thought for a moment, then spoke. "This is by far your stupidest plan ever."

I raised an eyebrow before he continued, a grin on his face. "You're lucky you're ready the king of Hell."

---

"Hold on, you want to what?" Seth repeated, looking at me. Even Airick had visibly paled.

"I want to possess you."

"Look, I don't know if you've noticed but, you're with my brother right now, and I have Airick, so..."

"Not like that!" I growled, glaring. Airick turned red and looked away. "I want to possess your soul!"

"Actually, I'm really fond of living, so-"

"I want to get back to Earth and see Micah!!" My voice echoed through the palace, Seth's eyes narrowing.

"And... Why exactly is Micah back on Earth?" His voice had taken on a dangerous tone.

"Look, I said something I regret, and now I have to make it right. I need to take your body to get there. I'll give it back, but right now Micah is my priority."

Airick listened in, shakily speaking up. "But, the atmosphere. Your body..."

Seth looked over at him. "What? What will happen?" No one said anything, so Seth rephrased his demand. "I need to know what will happen before I do this. If it could cost you your life, forget it. Micah'll kill me if that happens, and like I said, I'm pretty fond of life."

Finally, Azazel spoke. "Lord Lucifer's body is not adjusted to the conditions of Earth. They sap his power. The thinner air, brighter light, all of it is deadly to him. He has never been mortal, and is vulnerable to this. Similar to a climate change for animals. No suitable living conditions, no life."

Seth crossed his arms. "And... What's the chance he'll be okay up there?"

Azazel thought. "As long as he's not up for too long, he should be fine. Weakened, but otherwise okay. If he stays out for a longer period of time..."

"Longer than what?"

I cut in before Azazel could tell him. "Wow, Seth, you're actually making me think you care."

Seth rolled his eyes. "Look, I may be a jerk, but if Micah gets hurt in anyway, forget it. And it sounds like you could get hurt doing this. I know what you mean to Micah, and I won't let him get hurt because you're an idiot." He paused. "I won't let get hurt anymore than he already has been because of your idiocy."

I sighed. "An hour, at most. Twenty minutes at least."

Seth nodded, mulling this over. "And, you think you can sweet talk him in twenty minutes?"

I shrugged. "I can try. If not..." I bit my lip. I really did not want to think about the 'if not.' I can't give him up. Not again.

Seth seemed to notice this, and sighed once more. "Alright, Lucy, I'll let you borrow my soul, just this once." He grinned. "But no returns when you realize just how twisted I happen to be."