Chapter 28

"My schoool?!" The director shouted looking at the rubble that was once the front entrance.

"Directo-!" I shout before I am tackled to the right by Ashton who saved me from the Dragon's tail swing. 

With no time to thank him, we stand up and try to spread out. The dragon is fast, it glances around looking at both of us, and completely ignoring the Director who is sulking about the building that was destroyed.

"...that stone work was over 200 years old..." He sobs.

With no weapons, or dragons, all we can do is dodge and drag it away from the building.  

"Where are our dragons!" I yell as I dodge backwards once again missing its tail.

"Still-" He jumps up, "In the stables!" He says,

"Can they-" I run around the right side of the dragon to cross with Ash, "Get out?" I ask.

"Probably not!" Ashton then hit with the dragon's unexpected use of its hands.

"Ashton!" I shout, 

"I'm fine," he sits up as his the front of his shirt is revealed to be ripped with just a scratch under his right eye, and on his chest.

As I glanced over at my injured friend the dragon roars. A scream that deafens me, to the point I close my eyes and cover my ears. I feel the ground moving, I am going to faint if this keeps up. The dragon finally runs out of breath and as I open my eyes the tail is being swung towards me. I close my eyes and wait for impact.

"No human or dragon will get away with killing my students, the board wouldn't let me here the end of it."

I open my eyes to see the director standing in front of me, and with his cane he stops the blow of the dragon's tail.

H...how? A dragon's tail is about 250 pounds* of pure muscle and with this dragon's speed...nothing could stand a chance.

*About 113.4 kg

The dragon retreats its tail before once again roaring directing into his face. I put my hands over ears, but this time I cannot look away. The director's hat flys off and his hair gets ruffled before the dragon once again runs out of breath.

"We that was a show," The director walks over and picks his hat up and dusts the top off.

"Hold this won't you. Be careful," The director hands me his hat and then dusts his suit jacket off. The dragon isn't even moving, why?

"Now, let' s get started, shall we? I will try to go easy on you, but after what you did to my precious school it depends on how satisfying destroying you will be." The director says, the dragon roars before starting it's full on attack. 

Swinging it's now spiked tail at the director, before flapping its wings and using its razor sharp claws and strong limbs to try to hit the director. As the dragon stomps on the earth, it shakes causing the remaining walls of the entrance to the school fall down, creating a cloud of sandstone dust. 

The dragon roars once again, but this time it sounds different, a roar of pain. 

The dust clears as a large gust of wind blows me back to the ground, dropping the director's hat. I open my eyes to see the dragon lying on its side on top of the gym building. 

The director submerges from the remains of the dust cloud with not a single scratch, not a single drop of sweat, or a sign of being in a full on battle with a raging dragon.

"Elena, Ashton, please start on clearing this entrance. I have to go alert the council and the builders." The director takes his hat from the ground and begin to walk into the school, 

"I wonder if they sell 200-year-old stone?" The director says as he walks away.

What...just happened? I ask myself before noticing I can't see Ashton.

"Ash? Ashton!" I shout, looking over to where he laid before... rubble from the last falling wall.

"Ashton!" I scream as I begin to dig in that area. He can't be dead. He wasn't crushed, the director ould never let that happen. I then reach a stop. Something is there, what is it? I dig, moving the rocks to see Ashton passed out, inside of a clear magic-enforced wall. 

"Ashton?" I question and at that moment the wall disappears and Ashton wakes up with a deep breath.

"Ashton!" I hug him,

"ah, what...huh...What just happened?" He asks as I then move and he sees the dragon on the gym building.

"How did he get there?!" Ash asks,

"The director jumped in... and I...I have no clue what happened." I admit. We both get up and head over to the site of the dragon. 

At this distance so much more is clear.

"She must've been a Earth dragon," Ashton notices the build of this dragon, thick and strong limbs and tail, with a smaller head and a large body.

"But... why is it this colour? I have never seen a dragon look like this of any Element," I notice, looking at it's main features. Pure white eyes, and black streaks, that resemble veins that are coloured in a way that it looks like a stream of black, purple and blue shades. 

"I don't know. It's strange." Ashton responds.

"This can't be... the start of the war?"

"...It does look like it." 

"We need to find out more, we need to find someone to tell us the truth and to explain this to us. My aunt will tell me what I want to here, she isn't the person I thought she was." I mention,

"The seniors and staff Library have some things along the dark history, we could try there."

"But how do we get in?"

"Tonight?" he suggests.

Later that night I went out with my friends to make my evening look normal and non-suspicious to the council who will most definitely want to speak with us again.

"Leah!" I shout seeing her walk down the street.

"Elena!" Leah runs up and hugs me, 

"Long time no see," I say,

"It feels like forever," Leah adds.

"Where is Em?"  ask referring to the absence of Emileen,

"She isn't around anymore,"

"what do you mean?" I ask,

"She transferred schools, her dad got a new job, I am surprised she didnt tell you."

"Well I haven't really been staying in contact with anyone so I will have to give her a call later, for now it's you and me time," I tell her as we begin to walk. 

**********************************************************

Thank you for reading, leave a vote, comment, ect.

Make sure you check out someone of my other books such as Dragon Warrior which will be updated very soon.

Follow me on twitter!!!

https://twitter.com/Cj_Tweets04 

Following back people who follow!

***CHECK OUT THE NEW TRAILER!***

https://www.wattpad.com/431127945-dragon-descendants-wattys2017-trailer

the countdown to the last chapter will soon begin. SO MAKE SURE YOU SHOW YOUR SURRPORT!!!

Lots of Love

<3 <3 <3