Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Song: All Around Me- Flyleaf

Andy

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was dark. It took me a minute to realize yet again I was at Luke's house. This time, I'm actually in his bed in his clothes. How that happen, I'm not sure. Everything that happened with Michael had totally threw me of guard especially when him and Luke were fighting. Luke was so much better than Michael which made me wonder how he had obvious skills.

Luke was being unbelievably nice, compared to every other time we have talked. Just something about him makes me feel safe. I can't deny that I also think he is very attractive too. If he wasn't such a dick sometimes maybe things would have been different. Yet this whole "getting to know each other" think kind of scares me, there's just some things I don't tell anyone

I push my thoughts aside and see the time, 2:03. I have barely been to bed for an hour. I usually don't sleep on normal nights, so this is typical for me. Yet the thought of being in a big house without knowing who is here, just scares me. Thoughts of Michael come to my head, making this even more scary. I keep quite for another 30 minutes just staring when I decide I need to do something.

I walk out of the room and go down the hall, just like the way I had gotten to the bed room. I come up to the couch and see Luke sleeping, he looks so peaceful, I second guess myself. Then I thought about how horrible of a night I would have ahead if I don't wake him up.

"Luke," I say and nudge his shoulder, "Luke, wake up," He turns a bit to face me. He groans and opens his eyes.

"Andy?" He questions in a low morning voice.

"I can't sleep," I say simply, I don't know what else to say.

He sits up and rubs his eyes, looking confused, yet kind of adorable. "What time is it?"

"Around 2:30."

"How long have you been awake?"

"Like 30 minutes, I know I won't be able to fall back asleep. I'm just scared I guess." I say and shiver runs up my back, standing here in the hall is making me cold.

"Come on" Luke says and grabs my hand, leading me bad to the bedroom. He lets me lay down and he lays down right next to me, "Is this okay?" He says, still giving me space.

"Yes, it's f-fine," I stutter, he makes me nervous.

"Do I scare you?" He asks, worrying about if he is passing any lines by being in the same bed as me. All the warnings in my head are telling me this is a horrible idea. I ignore all of the voices that have been controlling me for the past weeks. I let my heart decide something for once.

"No," I say, knowing he does the opposite, "You don't." I turn to lay, looking at him directly. His blue eyes had illuminated in the light from the moon. His face had given me the butterflies I had felt earlier this night.

"Why not?" He asks.

"You make me feel safe."

He smiles slightly, "I don't get it." His eyebrow furrow in confusion.

"Why not?" I ask, repeating his question from before.

"Because everyone is scared of me." His words make my heart sink. His outer appearance and his attitude he shows the world is not what he has been showing me, The hard shell he wears covers up the beautiful person I had come to see, he isn't so bad if you give him a chance.

"That's because they don't know you," I say and slightly mumble, "You aren't who they think you are."

He sighs laying on his back, I had a feeling we both wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, there is just too many thoughts running through both of our heads. "You don't know me, how do you even know?"