Work

Monique

Waking up, I observed my surroundings. I was at the trap in one of the bedrooms.

I have on last nights clothes and damn, I have a headache. Nothing too heavy though.

I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face off and brush my teeth. When I got downstairs I saw Michael Jayce and Diane in the kitchen eating.

"Damn I thought you was gonna be out till the afternoon. " Diane said.

I laughed a little and walked over to the counter to fix a plate. Mmm, Diane threw it down. Eggs and bacon were on plates on the counter while the grits were in the pot on the stove.

I sat next to Diane which was across from Michael.

"So how you feelin? " Michael asked.

"Okay I guess. My head hurts but nothing an aspirin can't fix." I said.

Everyone chuckled a little.

"Yeah you know we hooked up a little last night." Jayce said.

Everyone just looked at him like he was crazy while I started laughing out loud.

"Boy I know I wasn't that gone last night. Don't nobody want yo little ass anyway. " I said.

He smirked. "Tell that to my hoes back home. "

"And where might your 'home' be? " I asked using air quotes.

"Don't worry about it."

"Whatever."

We were talking and eating until Roscoe came downstairs with that hoe from McDonald's.

He walked her to the door and gave her a little kiss on the cheek before she left which made me light up a little on the inside. After sending her off, he came in the kitchen.

"I need all y'all in my office in 5." He said then went to his office.

We finished up eating then made our way there.

Michael, Jayce, and Diane sat in the three chairs Roscoe had in front of his desk while I just leaned against a spot on the wall nearby.

"So you guys are new but I understand y'all have some experience with the industry. "

They all nodded.

"Ight so ima put y'all right on the streets. Y'all gonna be in some of our busier areas so y'all can see how the flow works down here." He handed them each a sheet of paper with some information on it. "Always stay strapped when you out there to cause these muthafuckas go crazy over our product." He directed his attention to his computer while they looked over their sheets.

"Oh wait, my bad. Michael you gon' be wit' Nique making runs since you got more experience." He looked at Diane and Jayce. "Ima put Ced with y'all for a lil bit."

I asked a question that's been on my mind for a minute now.

"Where's Keith? "

"I spoke to him earlier. He gonna be workin at another location not to far from here."

I nodded.

"Ight so that's it. Y'all need to get out there in about two hours before we miss the morning rush." Roscoe ended.

We all got up and left. I dropped them off at their place then drove over to mine.

The second I got in I took a nice hot shower. After that I lotioned up, threw my hair in a bun, then went to my closet to find something to wear.