day 43

day 43
22:34

for celebratory reasons, hoseok thought it would be a good idea to invite the group out for drinks. he wanted to congratulate seokjin and namjoon for finally getting together.

the boy should've known from his failed jenga night that his friends mixed with alcohol was a tragic disaster. however, he chose to ignore his knowledge of this fact. hoseok had somehow convinced himself that it would be okay to let completely loose for a change—this was a celebration after all, not a party game.

prior to the current moment, he planned everything out perfectly. a few hours earlier, he'd texted his friends to meet at a bar in the city, telling them it was for a special event. so of course, they all planned to get utterly wrecked.

jaejoon sat at the table in utter misery.

he found himself finishing up his shift around the same time as hoseok, and the younger boy had begged him to do him a favor. jaejoon liked hoseok. he was nice and always made the mood in situations lighter, so of course, he complied. he was asked to drive hoseok and his friends to one of the large, popular bars in the city.

he found no problem with this being that he lived in the city himself, whereas he hoseok didn't. he also had a vehicle to fit eight people—or, a vehicle to five people, some having to give up lap space for an improper seat.

he was only expecting to drive the group there and then go home.

his night wasn't planned around all the guys getting white girl wasted. he didn't make reservations to be their designated driver and he definitely didn't sign up to be in the midst of seven wild, grown men.

"so then," namjoon slurred, holding his shot in his unsteady hand. the clear contents slushed about, the green olive sitting at the end of the toothpick was surely going to fall out of the glass at any time now. "i tol' ma producer 'twas jin on di track, 'n he was bouta cry some fat tears. i mean, like, 'magine baby phat, but with micki nimaj's ass in there."

the group clapped and congratulated jin with word jumbled praise and half lidded eyes. jaejoon stared at the table in despair.

"jae," hoseok whined with lament from his side. the younger was wrapped around his arm, face in jaejoon's personal boundaries. "you didn't say congratulations." hoseok didn't sound drunk, but he definitely was. he was probably one of the most wasted.

"i congratulated him in my mind."

"s'yo' ass telekinetic now?" jimin shouted from the other end of the table, leaning in close to get jaejoon's attention. he knocked over a pint of beer.

"i'm pretty sure the word is telepathic, but what did i expect from a teletubby?" yoongi mumbled from across jaejoon. he was the closet to not being drunk off his ass.

actually, jaejoon frowned, looking to his left. taehyung and jungkook sat in the seats beside him, they had glasses filled with what looked like fruity drinks. can they even drink yet? jaejoon asked himself.

"hey tae," he tapped his coworker's arm. taehyung had previously been trying to balance a napkin stand on his head with jungkook, seeing who could keep it up the longest.

"yes, jan?" the brunette had a pointed look on his face. he looked quite ridiculous as well, still having the napkin container on his head.

"can i have a sip of your drink? it looks tasty."

"i don't know," he mused as jungkook cackled from beside him at nothing. he was literally just staring at the wooden whorls etched into the table. "it's some heavy stuff."

"i can handle it." he assured, reaching to grab the drink.

quickly, taehyung pulled the tall, hurricane glass out of his reach. "kelly, can you handle this?" he questioned, confusing his older coworker.

"what?"

"michelle, can you handle this?" he asked again, his tone raising a notch in terms of sass.

"kim taehyung—" the warning was cut off with little care.

"beyoncé, can you handle this?" he raised his voice slightly, eyes widening like a madman.

"i'm not destiny's child!"

"but bitch," taehyung slammed him palm flat against the table and a blunt smack sounded from the action. "i don't think you can handle this!"

jaejoon snatched the glass away from taehyung, the pink-ish drink sloshing about the sides. "someone call the fbi, i have been robbed!" taehyung stood up abruptly, resulting in his chair tipping backwards.

while this happened, jaejoon sipped on the weirdo's 'robbed' beverage. "this is fucking pink lemonade and sprite," jaejoon accused, "why are you and the baby body builder acting like you're drunk?"

"wow man, you really need to chill. just relax and ride the vibe a bit? you're bringing such toxic atmosphere to our mellow vibrations and that's just so uncool." jungkook slumped in his seat, craning his head back to look at jaejoon. he spoke with his eyes drooped and his speech slightly slurred.

the only sober one of the group, and the only one who seemed to have a brain, slammed his forehead against the table.

"i do one nice thing," he wanted to cry.

_____
since the last chapter wasn't REALLY a chapter and i really missed drunk bts