Dinner Da--?

Chapter Twelve - Dinner Da--?

I was done with my breakfast and I glanced down at my watch. 11 a.m.

I slipped my handbag across my shoulders and walked towards the door. Just then, I heard a door opening and I turned around.

Alec stepped out in his business attire and paused when he saw me. "Where are you going?"

"Shopping,"

He looked down at his watch. "It's 11 in the morning,"

"I'll be exploring places too," I shrugged.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "You can't really blame me, Alec. I know you're going to be busy and I cannot waste another day of my vacation either in a waiting room or in this cottage,"

"Alright," He seemed weirded out for a second. "I wasn't exactly telling you to do that,"

"Oh. Then what?"

He pulled out a card from his pocket and extended it in my direction.

"What's that?"

"You've never seen a credit card before?"

I heaved a sigh. "I don't need it. I have my own credit card,"

"Really? Let me see it," He approached me and I rolled my eyes as I fished the card from my bag and handed it to him.

"It's in your father's name," He muttered.

"Well obviou-" I gasped as he broke the card into two and aimed it straight into a bin near the kitchen island.

I stared at him in shock which soon turned into fury. "What the hell!"

He took my hand and placed the new card in my palm. "Use that,"

"What? Why?"

"Because you're my wife now," He stated simply and took a seat at the island to have his breakfast.

"But...it's not right," I spoke.

He looked up at me for a moment and went back to pouring the coffee from the coffeemaker.

"If there's anything that wouldn't be right, it's using your dad's money after marrying me," He said while taking a sip of his coffee.

I walked up to the island. "But I don't want your money, Alec."

He raised a brow at me and I rolled my eyes. "Keeping the investment money aside, dumbass."

"You know it's pointless. Just stop wasting my time," He spoke as he unlocked his phone and started typing something away. Sometimes I think he does it to avoid me.

Sighing, I leaned on the counter and waited until he finally looked up at me. "You're still here?"

"Yes."

He went back to tapping at something on the screen. I saw a glimpse of Color Switch and let out a laugh.

He glared up at me and shut his phone, placing it on the counter and eating his breakfast.

"Look. It just feels a little weird to use your money like that--especially when I am using it completely for myself." I muttered in a low voice while slipping the card back to him across the counter.

He glanced up at me.

"Keep it-"

"No. I just can't. It's not right,"

"So don't you wanna shop now?" He raised a brow.

I let out a laugh. "Since I don't have dad's card now and I'm obviously not going to ask him for another, I'm now going to shop when I have a job," I said proudly.