Chapter 29

It is now around 2 am, the Director has left his office at last. Ashton and I sneak across the courtyards, through the halls, and pass the office to the staff and restricted Library.

"What are we meant to be looking for?" I ask,

"Something on war, dragons, and something that looks old."  Ashton says as he looks through the shelves in the aisle beside me. I look and open every book on war, but nothing really stands out. I then hit a ladder, I look beside me to see Ashton, who has grabbed onto my arm, and is holding the ladder

"Are you okay?" He whispers while holding the ladder still,

I freeze up for a second, "Yeh." I respond before continuing to look. 

We he always this concerned about me?

"Get down," He says as I duck and we both hide together, I watch the door as it opens. I can't see anything. The door closes once again, and after a minute we continue our search. 

"Here, I found something," Ashton says as he holds an old text book. 

"What does it say."

"It is the history of Dragons, at first look it seems like the history we are taught, but here it claims that there was a time where Humans and Dragons were at war," Ashton points out, and begins to read. "The true History of Dragons all began around 300-400 years ago, where Humans lives in peace with no worries or knowledge of the creature we today call a dragon. History tells us that Humans saw Dragon's as a threat, as Dragons we not tamed, and instead stole food from villages becoming the apex predator. After almost 50% of the human population had either gone missing, had become forever injured, or killed 7 human-like creatures appeared, these were strange unknown people, who had knowledge and understanding of these creatures known as dragons. These individuals were the Dragon Descendants. The Dragon Descendants."

We turn the page and saw that the last few pages had been ripped out, but on the back hard cover there were a few scribbled words.

"For More Information Contact The Director or Use the Director's Copy." 

Great. 

"So what now?"

"A while back I saw the Director talking to a council member, I heard the world Dragon Descendant but didn't put much into it. It seemed pretty serious, which is unlike the Director." Ashton recalls.

"Well, then we go into the Director's office."

"Are you serious?" Ashton asks,

"Why not?"

"Fine, let's go. Quickly, the director never leaves his office for longer than an hour." Ashton take a few photos of the book and then puts it back. We sneak out, locking the door behind us and heading into the office. 

"We are going to get killed, with his bloody cane and stuffed into his hat." Ashton mutters, as I can't help but smile.

"We will be fine." I say as we begin to look through his desk.

"Anything?" Ashton asks as he finished looking through one shelf,

I focus as I open his top draw. I stare at what I see.qawshjyu7jmn8y78y7n

"Elena? Anything..." He looks over my shoulder to see me looking at some folders.

I pull them out to see a pile of student folders.

"it's me..." I open my file,

"And me..." Ash sees his file,

"What is this?" I ask,