Chapter Seventeen

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!

Props to YunFeng, a wonderful fan of mine who made the book cover! (Refer to the dedication.)

I was so flattered that I made sure I'd have enough time to finish and post up this chapter.

Chapter 17

Arabella Baine

“Do not try turning the tables around, Ella. We are talking about your unborn child, not some imaginary child you’re assuming I’m carrying,” My hands trembled slightly at the thought of carrying his child. Why must the fates be against me! My very own mate took advantage of me and now I’m possibly carrying a child to remind me of that horrid night over and over again. My heart clenched at that thought. Was that how Ella was feeling moment earlier?

“Your scent will begin to change and your belly will begin to grow as your child does too,” she smiled knowingly at my stomach. “You were the one pleading for me to keep the child and now I’m trying to urge you to do that same. If ever my suspicions are correct, promise me you’d keep it.”

“I…” I looked down, feeling the hurt and pain slam down on me once again. Would I really keep this child? Rylan was the product of a rape and look where he’s done… If I kill the child before he even makes it into the real world then I’d be saving the innocence of his possible victims.

Like father…. Like son…’ The voice mumbled, making me clench my fists.

“I no longer care about what you do to that child. I will not be making such promises with you,” I growled out, earning a mortified expression from her.

“So you do believe me? Abortion was never the option…” She trailed off, looking at me with sad eyes. “I couldn’t take away the life of an innocent unborn child, even if I were forced to. I know you, Arabella. I know you wouldn’t be able to do that too.”

My blood boiled. She didn’t know me at all! She didn’t know about all the hardships I’ve gone through. “You don’t know anything, Ella. The man who is the supposed father of your child is a stranger to you! He is not bound to protect, cherish and love you the rest of your life. He is not bound to stand by you and give you the respect that you deserve. You have no idea what you’re talking about,” I snapped, getting up and dusting myself off.

“You are the one who has got this mixed up,” tears escaped her eyes as her voice broke. “You don’t know how many times I’ve prayed for the Spirits to make Jake notice me. You don’t know how many countless nights I’ve prayed that this was all a nightmare… That the mutt never took my innocence…. That it was Jake who took it, along with my heart and soul like a real mate should. You don’t know how many times I wished I was bearing my mate’s pup…. No Arabella, you don’t get it. She-wolves, who carry pups that are not their mate’s, are looked down upon and are never worth the second glance.”

“Ella…” I was at loss of words as she completely broke down in front of me.

“Tell me, Arabella how can I become an Alpha now? How can a she-wolf who’s carrying a bastard of a pup get the proper respect that an Alpha deserves? I will be the laughing stock of our world,” she shook violently as she stared at me with her bloodshot eyes. “You truly have changed, Arabella.”

“I know I have. Getting raped by your mate does that to you,” I let out a humorless laugh as she continued to gaze at me.

She shook her head lightly before breathing out, “You have changed for the worse. You must overcome your hunger for revenge and let your conscience rule over you.”