Chapter Four

Dear Euphemia,

I'd like to begin by thanking you for your letter and your package. It was greatly appreciated and made for a great relaxer in the prefect's bathroom. It was quite surprising to receive anything but nevertheless, my thanks.

Secondly, trust me when I tell you that alone is the last thing I am right now. Unfortunately, it's against my wishes. I seem to be accompanied everywhere besides the lavatory at this point. I have reached some newfound fame due to my brother's arrest. I've even been proposed to a grand total of twenty-eight times.

Of course, I have ignored all of them, the men are twice my age and not one of them are of pure blood ascent. If my brother ever did get out of Azkaban he'd murder me for even thinking of it. Alas, it seems I'll grow old, becoming a spinster that sells kneazles and lives on the Knight Bus.

Excuse my babbling, it's been a while since I could discuss such a thing with anyone. My current expected husband and I aren't on best terms. He seems to think my brother was in the right. I'm not quite at the level I'm needed to be at. How and ever, that's my problem, not yours.

Thank you, Euphemia. For bringing a small notion of comfort to my life and don't worry, I do not see you as an old witch with a nose too big. Maybe a heart too big but some people cannot help that.

Yours Sincerely,

             Cassandra Greyback.

Cassandra tied her letter onto the leg of her own owl and set her off out the window of the Owlery. She watched until the owl became a speck against the sky and then sighed, turning away to leave the Owlery. 

When she turned to leave three of the four Marauders were there, James tying a letter to the same white owl that had delivered Euphemia's letter.

"Your owl?" Cassandra asked innocently, reaching a hand out.

"Mum's. She doesn't take well to strangers-" He cut off when Cassandra ran a hand over the owl's back slowly.

"I'm quite good with owls. How are you, boys?" Cassandra asked with a grin, finally returning her attention to Sirius and Remus.

"Happy enough. How're the marital issues?" Sirius asked and Remus gaped.

"Marital issues?" He asked, his eyes wide.

"Didn't you know, Moony?" Sirius asked with a laugh. "Cassandra and Regulus are engaged."

"Engaged?" He asked in shock, his heart pumping wildly.

"Not anymore, I've called it off." Cassandra pushed her hair back, a smirk gracing her lips.

"You'll fix things when you realise you want his money and pureblood name." Sirius scoffed and Cassandra pursed her lips.

"But right now you aren't engaged?" Remus interrupted and Cassandra smiled.

"What the bloody hell do you care?" James snapped at Remus who flushed red.

"Remus seems like the kind of person that holds no respect for infidelity, don't worry about it, Remus. You're not the one ruining my relationship with Regulus." Cassandra assured him and his two friends gaped. "I think I've had enough of pretty rich boys that insist they know what girls like me want. Maybe I'll slum it with the peasants for a while."

"You and Remus-" James cut off as if the words burned.

"Snogged. Yes. Nothing more, get your head out of the gutter James." Cassandra scoffed. "But if he ever does want anything more, I may be the only girl in this school that could handle it when your wolf wants to play."