Chapter 28

Warnings: Slight blood

~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "VIKK!"

     All our heads snap up at the cry, and our eyes fall on the form of Vikk, on all fours with an ominous red stain on the snow beneath him. Jerome stumbles over, and I notice the last two strays taking aim at him. I shoot them down before they can even draw an arrow. Lachlan tethers the horses to a nearby ice spikes and darts after the rest of us, already by Jerome and Vikk's sides. Blood streams down his side and thigh, and blue-gray particles of slowness rise off his back.

     "What happened?!" Lachlan demands upon arriving, his voice slightly muffled by the mask like bandage on his face.
     "Strays." I reply simply, frowning as Vikk groans in pain.
     "Everyone get out of the way!" Rob then commands, the rest of us wasting no time in stepping back.

     He kneels down beside Vikk, who at this point has collapsed onto his stomach, and fishes through his inventory. Preston glances at me, confused, and I shrug. It's no question Vikk is now unconscious. But then Rob's intentions are revealed as he pulls out a healing potion from Vikks inventory, and wastes no time in splashing it over him. That's right... Vikk mentioned he had a healing potion left over. . Rob then checks Vikk's pulse, and nods several times.

     "He'll be okay, but we need to get him inside those walls and warmed up."

     Rob beckons to me with a wave of his hand, and I come to his aid, hooking my arms under his shoulders as Rob lifts up Vikk's legs. Preston covers in front of us, picking of an mobs in our way with his bow, and Jerome cuts down any mob that ventures too close from behind. Lachlan runs ahead to finish up the last few blocks of the walls, and to bring the horses inside where a fire is blazing warmly. As soon as Jerome cuts down a skeleton, and dives into the pen, Lachlan closes off the entrance with dirt. Preston clears a way a section on the ground, and Rob and I lay Vikk down in the damp dirt beside the fire. After adding more fuel to the fire, stripping a bed of its blankets and covering Vikk, having a light meal of bread and fish, and the like, we set out beds and promptly drift off to sleep.

~~~

A few days later...

~??????'s P.O.V.~

"*huff* *huff* Sir...! *huff*"

I turn my gaze to fall on the spy, panting and trying to collect himself once again. Ever since I got news of Vikk's kidnapping from the other three assassins I had assigned him, and then of his eventual betrayal in joining them, I've kept a spy constantly watching them, feeding me news of their advances.

"Well? What news do you bring?"
"They... The six have overtaken the Dimensional kingdom..."
"WHAT!?" I shriek, "How so soon?! There are only six of them!"
"They challenged its ruler to a battle of her choosing, and she lost. I do not know details of their challenge, all I know is now Lani is dead, and the kingdom is under Lachlan's reign." The pay explains, finally having stopped that annoying huffing and puffing. "Vikk is injured, but it seems like he'll make a full recovery soon-if not already. Lachlan is injured as well, but he is still fully capable of battle and mobility, although from the looks of it he'll definitely have a nasty scar on his face. All six have horses, diamond armour and tools, enderpearls, and other necessary items. Currently they are nearing the edge of the swamp biome, and will reach here in only a few days."
"Hm. This is worrying indeed. Tell me, spy, I need to know their first and last names."
"Oh- yes of course! They are; Vikram Barn, Lachlan Power, Preston Arsement, Robert Latsky, Jerome Aceti, and Mitchell Hughes. Or simply, Vikk, Lachlan, Preston, Rob, Jerome, and Mitch. They call themselves the 'Pack'."
"Thank you. Dismissed."

The spy bows deeply, and then rushes out to go track down the six rebels again, 'The Pack' as he called them. I roll my eyes, I was never really a fan of all that formal stuff. Standing up from my throne, I travel down a few blocks to my ender chest, searching and pulling out files on all six of them.

Name: Vikram (middle name) Barn
Gender: Male
Species: Human
Kingdom: Banished from Dimensional- current kingdom unknown
Weapon of choice: Shurikens/Throwing stars

Name: Lachlan Ross Power
Gender: Male
Species: Human
Kingdom: Dimensional
Weapon of choice: Everything except for a bow

Name: Preston Blaine Arsement
Gender: Male
Species: Lava/Creeper/Human hybrid
Kingdom: Kidnapped from Mutant, now in Rogue
Weapon of choice: Unknown-but he can heat up his lava-like skin and scorch opponents

Name: Robert Aaron Latsky
Gender: Male
Species: Human
Kingdom: Spell
Weapon of choice: Sword

Name: Jerome Robert Aceti
Gender: Male
Species: Bacca
Kingdom: Mutant
Weapon of choice: Axe

Name: Mitchell Donnel Ralph Hughes
Gender: Male
Species: Human
Kingdom: Prince of the Royal kingdom
Weapon of choice: Bow

     "Interesting... Guards!"

     Instantly the doors burst open, and two diamond-clad guards step into the room, bowing at the waist.

     "Send fifth troops to intercept the six rebels coming this way. Be quick! If you can catch them at the swamp they will be vulnerable. Use speed potions and enderpearls, I want you there NOW!"

     The guards bow again, and rush out of the room, shouting for troops to assemble.

     I smile to myself, turning and sitting back down on my throne. Let's see them get past this.

~~~

Meanwhile...

     ~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "Out ya go."

     Lachlan and Jerome hook their arms under Preston's, and lift him out of the boat and onto the shore. This time we aren't taking any chances, and we all wear our diamond armour. Now we start on our way again, eager to get to the Hidden kingdom and claim it. Vikk limps along beside us, his leg and side still sore and wounded, but not longer bleeding. Back a few days ago in the ice spikes biome, when Vikk got shot, we just managed to save him using our very last healing potion, and keeping him warm. He didn't wake up for a little, so we took turns carrying him all the way across the desert, where he woke up just before we set sail across the ocean.

     "We should be there in a day or two." Vikk concludes, shielding his eyes from the blinding rays of the sun.
     "Good. And I hope we don't have to cross another swamp or ocean or something. If I see another boat I think I'm going to hurl." Preston states wearily, apparently still feeling sick from the long wavey ride back.

          We mount our horses, which we dragged behind our boats with leads, and ride forwards at a nice steady canter. The next few hours is filled with nothing but peaceful silence, and the sound of wild friendly animals, grazing peacefully in the plains. But... I guess nothing good lasts forever, does it? Because soon enough we pick up on the sound of footsteps. Lots, and lots, of footsteps. Vikk curses under his breath.

~~~
Question of the chapter:

     Wow there were a lot of time skips in that one XD but anyways, what do y buys think is going to happen? They're outnumbered about 8 to 1. So how are they gonna get past?

My answer: 🤐