Ozpin's offer

Hello again to anyone reading this. OmegaEclipse here again to bring you another part of this story. As of the moment I am writing this I do not own RWBY or Borderlands and that has most likely not changed any time soon. Enjoy.

Ozpin POV

I observe the boy as he sits down at the other side of my desk. He is just as interesting as the bird now perched on his shoulder. He reminds me of the citizens of Vacuo. A strong willed individual that lives in a place with severe conditions. The news that he is from another planet adds to that as I can only imagine the hardships of the world he comes from.

Ozpin: So Mr Springs. You say that you are from another planet. One with many hostile conditions and lifeforms. The question of how you deal with the 'bandits and psychos' is not what I wish to inquire about. I want to know one thing. Why are you here on Remnant?
I ask calmly. I see a confused look on his face. Obviously caused by me summing things up that quickly. I clear my throat.

Ozpin: I'm sorry. Where are my manners. I am Professor Ozpin. Headmaster of Beacon academy. It's a pleasure to meet you.
I introduce myself to him and extend my hand to him. He takes it and shakes it firmly.

(Y/N): (Y/N) Springs. The gladiator... kinda. And this is Talon but you've already met him.
He says smiling. I am curious about the strange bird on his shoulder. Capable of surrounding its body in fire and I assume other elements as well. That can wait though.

Ozpin: What was that gladiator part?
I ask to which he becomes a bit bashful.

(Y/N): Well uh. This stuff belonged to my mother Athena. The Gladiator. She was a badass warrior able to take anyone on.
He says and I assume that she has passed.

Ozpin: So you took up the mantle. I'm sure she would be proud of you.
I say sympathetically hoping to comfort him.

(Y/N): Oh No, she is going to be anything but proud. She barely lets me go out hunting in the Dust. If she learned that I went to another planet she'd be so mad.
He says brightening up leaving me to believe his mother is retired from whatever they do.

Ozpin: So what exactly is your profession. Assuming that you are here on the same business as hers.
I ask to which he takes a moment to think about.

(Y/N) Bad Marcus impression: let me tell you a tale from the moon of Pandora, Elpis.
He says causing me to chuckle as he tells me about the Vault Hunters that helped liberate the Hyperion space station from the Dahl corporation. How they witnessed the birth of one of the greatest threats Pandora had ever seen, Handsome Jack.

Ozpin: I must say that was quite the tale. Im also impressed you kept that accent up the whole time.
I say smiling. I'm not used to being told stories as much as I tell them.

(Y/N): coughs- Thank you professor.
He chuckles and his voice returns to normal.

Ozpin: So you are a Vault hunter the same as your Mother and her team.
I say curious as to wether that would be the reason he was here on Remnant.

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm here because after the opening of the Vault of the Warrior on Pandora, vaults were discovered all over the galaxy. One of which is somewhere here on Remnant.
He says causing me to worry a bit.

Ozpin: hmm. I've never heard of anything about a Vault until today. I will have to talk with the other headmaster as well as chieftain Belladonna. If there is an ancient alien monster somewhere on Remnant we will need to be alert. But this is your quest so we will let you open it.
I say smiling at him. His face lights up and Talon seems happy as well.

(Y/N): Thank you Professor. Hey um, do you think I could use your academy's library. I'd like to learn more about this planet as I think I'm going to be here a while.
He asks so which I grin and tap on the desk.

Ozpin: If knowledge about Remnant is what you want. I'm sure you could learn more as a student.
I state as an unofficial invitation for him to join Beacon.

(Y/N) POV

I sit there dumbfounded for a moment. Did he just offer me, a total stranger, a place at his academy. I feel sharp pains and realise Talon is trying to bring me back to reality.

(Y/N): Ow ow Talon stop. I would love to join Beacon!
I exclaim as I tap his head making him stop. Professor Ozpin chuckles and shows me a small white device.

Ozpin: This is a scroll, it is used for communication and access to the internet.
He explains. I tap the echodevice showing him the display.

(Y/N): No need Oz. This baby has all that and more. I smile. He hands me the device anyway and smiles back.

Ozpin: Keep it anyway. You might need it at some point.
He says smiling.

(Y/N): Thank you, So I'm guessing classes start tomorrow for me?
I ask cheerfully and Talon lets out a little caw.

Ozpin: Indeed, I will inform the staff of Talons presence as well. You're room number and schedule will be sent to your scroll. Well excuse you from wearing a uniform as well since you are honouring your mother.
He says making me smile more.

(Y/N): Thank you sir, wait is there some kind of initiation I need to go through. Like a fight a team kind of thing.
I ask hoping to get to beat up the punks that were messing with Talon. The look on his face tells me I'll get exactly that chance.

Ozpin: Wait for Professor Goodwitch's class for that chance. Now I think our visitors would like to join us.
He says and I turn to the door. I tap Talon and he goes and budges the handle causing who else but Team RWBY to fall in.

Yang: Hey professor.
She says then winks at me. Blake gives her a light smack on the back of the head and tells her to behave. Ruby then jumps up excitedly.

Ruby: We the members of Team RWBY wanted to be the first to welcome you to Beacon... so uh. Welcome I guess.
She says getting quieter causing me to laugh.

(Y/N): Thank you ladies, now I hope the cafeteria is open because I havent eaten since breakfast about 15 hours ago.
I laugh before Talon taps me as both of our stomachs growl.

Ozpin: Go on then, and welcome to Beacon (Y/N).
He says standing up to shake my hand again. I take it and shake it happily.

(Y/N): Thank you so much Sir. Ill make you proud.
I say smiling as I leave with the girls.

Ozpin POV

As the doors close I tap my desk and a holographic screen shows up.

?: What is it Ozpin?

A voice asks. Ozpin looks at the images of the other headmasters and sighs.

Ozpin: It is as we feared, someone is here to open the Vault.

Ironwood: Keep an eye on this person Ozpin, we will need to be ready.

Ozpin: Of course.
He says as he hangs up and sighs again.

(Hey there people. Thank you for reading. I know its been mostly conversation and not much action. Dont worry. Maybe the next one will have a fight. Yay. Till next time adios)