~Chapter Eleven~

"Darling." He kissed her mother's head, and came and scooped her up into his arms. "My little princess." He swung her round playfully, making her giggle and smile.

"She's too little.." He told his wife, "What's for tea, darling?" He asked politely.

"Sausage and mash.. our favourite." She told him proudly. "Will you stop holding her like that, she can't support herself properly, you'll hurt her." She told him, peering round. "She's only 1, you forget this... Edward was much stronger when he turned one."

"Very well." He placed her back onto the floor, kissing her head."Edwards always been stronger, but that doesn't mean I love her any less."

"Lexi." Layton sat beside her in bed, shaking her a little. "You're crying. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She told him. She smiled, turning her head to the side. "Just a dream." She said, reaching for his hand.

"Then why are you crying, beautiful?"

"More of a memory... My dad used to be nice once upon a time, I barely remember... Mum told me." She tells him. "He used to come home from work and pick me up and throw me around playfully and... I dreamt about it happening even though I don't remember, but I picture it happening." She tells him.

"What happened? What happened to make him like he is now?" He asked.

"Nothing... Nothing really, he just got worse over time and started favoritising Edward.. he used to say that he never loved us but I know that he used to be a normal dad." She explained.

"Come on.. let's go make more memories.." he told her, wiping her cheeks. "How would you feel about being introduced today? I may or may not have already told the pack. Then we can show our round the villages?" He suggested.. "If not I have other plans for the day and I can cancel."

"I don't mind.."

"Your choice, beautiful."

"How many people would there be?"

"About 4,000... But I'll be there and you don't have to say anything on stage... Just greet people when we go down from the stage and in the villages." He told her. "We can wait.."

"No it's okay.. Yeah... Fuck it, let's do it." She sat up and got up from the bed. He could hear her heartbeat was faster than usual.

"Awesome. 12? Then we'll have time to go round and be back for dinner?" He checked.

"Fine." She told him, going into the bathroom. "What should wear?"

"Pop on a dress, but make sure you're comfortable... I'll put on a shirt and trousers." He told her, going into the wardrobe. He got changed quickly and went to organise everyone.

She took a little while to get ready, but by 11.45 they were in the pack house and everyone was filling up the field where they had been instructed to stand.

At a few minutes to, Layton and Lexi walked out in front of the crowds. She gripped onto his hand.

"You don't have to say anything." He whispered in her ear.

She wasn't too overwhelmed, but there were a lot of people in front of them both. Layton spoke confidently.

"WINTERMOOR." he shouted, everyone fell silent and bowed their head slightly.

"As you know, I have an announcement." He raised his voice a little so that everyone could hear him, but didn't shout this time.

"You may have already guessed, but I have found my mate. Your Luna." He told them and an applause rose up, he smiled at Lexi who looked nervous.

"The ceremony hasn't been planned yet, but I'm sure it won't be too long until she is officially crowned as Luna." He spoke in bursts.

"Until then, you shall call her by Luna. She is my equal, and you should treat her the same as you do any other ranked member... " He told them.

She smiled, taking his hand again. She tried to keep her head up and smile.

"Thank you, enjoy the rest of your day." He finished off and everyone clapped again.

They walked down from the stage and their day began, they walked round the field for about an hour, greeting most of the pack members who congratulated them and everyone seemed very excited.

Layton walked Lexi down to the main village, where most of the pack lived. It only took a few minutes from the edge of the field.

"What do you think?" He asked, as they entered the roads of houses.

"It's really nice. And everything matches." She told him.

"Not everything does. We tried to make different bits match but as you walk round, the houses change and there's parks and shops and..." he trailed of and put his arm round her waist.

"Most of the people came to the pack house, they were excited." He told her. "Let's walk back to the house, I'll make us some lunch and then we'll go out for dinner." He told her.

"Just us?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yes, I want to take you on a proper date."

"Ooohhh, that's cute." She told him as they turned around and walked back.

"Hmmm, well I want you to be able to know you can trust me, and we need to just have time alone for that to happen.. anyway, I wanna take you out." He said proudly.

They kept talking as they walked back and he went into the kitchen back at home, trying to make lunch for the whole house.

The boys were all pretty hungry and complaining, so Lexi stepped in and ended up making most of it.

"Thankyou, beautiful." He told her, kissing the top of her head and grabbing a plate.

"Thanks Lexi." A couple of the boys shouted out, but half of them were already stuffing their faces.

"You're welcome." She told them. It was nothing fancy, but she liked cooking.

Later in the evening, after chilling out for a little while, they started to get ready for their date.

"What should I wear?" She shouted out to Layton who was doing his hair in the bedroom.

"I don't know, beautiful. You'll look stunning in anything." He told her, not turning round. "I'm wearing this." He said referring to the clothes on the bed.

"Is this okay?" She asked. She stepped out of the wardrobe in only underwear, holding the dress over her front.

He turned around.

"Yes." He told her, smiling.

"Are you sure...?" She asked, she dropped the dress a little and he couldn't help but look. "Ugh, I know what you're doing, Layton! You're just trying to look at my underwear." She huffed, going back into the wardrobe, not bothering to hide the view anymore.

"I'm not trying to look at your underwear, beautiful. I'm trying to look at you... In your underwear." He told her guiltily. "I'm sorry."

He got up and walked into the wardrobe, she had already put on the dress. "I apologize, but I can't help but say the view was amazing... The dress looks good."

"Just good?"

"I didn't mean it like that... You look really nice.. don't change, come on. I'm sorry." He told her, holding out his arms.

She reluctantly hugged him, smelling his cologne on his chest, he was only in gym shorts.

"You don't have much chest hair." She said straight up, putting her hands on his chest.

He chuckled. "No... I guess I don't."

"Go put a shirt on before I drag you into bed." She told him, walking passed and winking.

He chuckled, smiling. She was finally getting a little bit confident.