Chapter 26: The Worried and the Sacrificing

Chapter 26

The Worried and the Sacrificing

~Camp Half-Blood~

||Fyna Sveira||

I watched the brunette woman enter the cabin, eyes glinting in amazement as she walked all over the living room with child-like amazement. I stood by the side, questions fleeting around in my head about her.

"Lady Natalia, right this way please," I said, gaining her attention where I stood by the stairs, "I'll be directing you to your lodgings as His Highness commands me."

She walked beside me, taking in everything we pass by in silence. That is, of course, until she decided to break it up. "So, by the looks of it, you're well acquainted with Percy, correct?"

I nodded, "Yes, I am. I'm stationed as his personal maid, and still am, but the majority of my work is being his personal secretary."

I could feel her sideways glance at me, "How has he been?" she questioned, which resulted in me turning my head at her in confusion. She shrugged, "I know I should be asking him instead of you, but that stupid blockhead would lie and say something generic and all, so I'm asking you as the person who clearly is with him a lot," she continued, answering my unspoken question. "He has the habit of going through so much trouble for everyone else, completely disregarding himself, which is probably what he's doing right now, being in this camp.How has he been managing?" 

I didn't even realize it until Natalia turned to me, asking me what was wrong and why I stopped walking. My thumbs began to fiddle with each other as my lips began to tremble while I explained to Natalia, the woman who seems to know a lot about him, my predicament regarding Percy.

"I will not lie, Lady Natalia. I'm so worried about him it feels like my heart is about to burst just thinking about it. This mission, which he took without a second thought, I fear, would take its toll on him. And if he does, it is without a doubt, that he'll fall back into the mood where he will slip into the deep abyss of his mind. His depressive episodes are not something that is easy to handle, and every time he falls into them, I am rendered helpless. I try my best but I don't know what to do, I hate seeing him like that, it's so painful, Lady Natalia. Seeing a great man such as him fall down to such terrible depth. I have done everything, Your Majesty, Chaos, has tried everything, the whole army and his friends also tried helping him but when it strikes him, it strikes him deep. I just simply don't know what to do and being on this planet is clearing costing him. Of course, there are many days where he is okay and everything's okay but it kills me just anticipating it."

I felt warm hands wrap around me, had I not been in a flustered state, I would've rejected it but instead, I did the opposite and accepted it. "Thank you for taking care of him. He's lucky to have you and he probably knows it too."

~

I waited by Percy's office, twirling a piece of a cloth in my hand as I waited for Percy to arrive. Looking down at the screen in front of me, I had found that after his arrival, he'd be pretty much free.

Soon enough, the man had arrived in the ever so familiar swirling vortex. Well, technically, it was the kid, Damien, that came first; looking quite exuberant as he bounced up and down, his eyes shone the way a bright star would in a dark sky and a smile so wide it made my heart warm just seeing it. Percy followed next, looking at the kid with all the fondest there is possible.

"Thank you so much for taking me with you today, Big Brother Percy! It was the best!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," Percy replied, patting the kid's hair, "It's about time you go back to camp, little dude."