Chapter 22

2nd POV

You waddle around, softly signing An Awkward Duet. Jack sneaks up from behind and wraps his arms around you, smiling. "Happy Birthday, Y/N." You turn your head around to smile back at him, and he steals a kiss. B/F/N whoops and you see a flash go off. 

"Heh, that's going in the scrapbook!" B/F/N says cheerily, shaking out the picture. She has one of old time Polaroid camera- she says they're better pictures than those taken with phones. You roll your eyes at her, and Jack sticks his tongue out at her. 

"We have a surprise for you." 

"Oo! Where is it?" 

"It's called a surprise for a reason. Close your eyes, I'll cover them." 

You pouted as covered your eyes and started directing you into another room. There was some whispering until Jack uncover your eyes. The Guardians, MiM, B/F/N, and Jake were all standing in a room decorated in various things from your favorite shows or movies, and a cake with f/c icing. You look around in awe.

"Oh my god, guys..."

"Happy 19th birthday, Y/N!" They all say happily, and MiM smiled sadly.

"Two more years, and you'll be an adult." 

B/F/N laughed. "Trust me, she's basically a 6 year old in a 19 year old's body." 

"Hey!" You pout and cross your arms. "..... Aaand now I understand..."

-- Time Skip -- 

Jake was in North's office, where North was trying to explain to him how to carve ice. You were standing and watching, by the doorway. 

"Do you understand now?" North asks.

"Er, not really." Jake says nervously.

North sighed, and I grinned. "How about you just try it first?"

"Uh.. Okay." 

North nodded and took out his carving tool. My eyes widened and I run to them as North passes it to him. 

"JAKE, NO!" 

Jake turned to look at you, startled. 

"North, don't give him a chainsaw!"

"Why not? I use it all the time."

"Because, A, there is a 70% chance that he will accidentally cut his own hand off, and B, he's not like you. He's a scrawny teenager that spends his entire life inside his house, playing video games or reading, and never exercises. Do you really think he can handle a chainsaw?"

North blinks and then moves the chainsaw away from Jake. Jake pouts and crosses his arms. 

"I go outside to pick up the mail!" 

-- Time Skip --

Jake, B/F/N, you, Jack, and Bunny were all in the living room, doing their own things. Bunny was painting eggs, Jack was half asleep and leaning on your right shoulder, and you and Jake were on your phones.

"Who needs to socialize when you have fictional characters to keep you company?" Jake says, and Jack replies with a "Ndghahhn~". 

"Does anyone have any idea what he just said?" You ask. Bunny turns around and looks at you. 

"He called Jake a nerd, mate."

"Of course he did." You say sarcastically. 

"Jake, I though you broke your phone a while ago?" B/F/N points out.