Cafeteria conundrum

Ah. Back again. Why? I get that since you are reading this then you must be enjoying it.. either that or you're bored. Either way. I don't own Borderlands or RWBY and I hope you tolerate this. (See changed it up) enjoy.

(Y/N) POV

Team RWBY had generously agreed to help me find my way around. I think ive figured them out. Ruby is energetic due to her youth. Her half sister Yang is a thrill seeker. The kind of girl to assault a night club I think. Weiss is bossy and a bit cold but I think she'd be a good friend if i got to know her. Blake... Blake is a mystery. Quiet but not shy. I can tell she's hiding something but I shouldnt pry into her business.

We enter the cafeteria and the first thing I see is that jackass that was messing with Talon picking on a girl. A girl with rabbit ears that make her look really cute. I look around and see others with animal features but I am too preoccupied by the attrocity before me. Picking on someone just because theyre different. Even the psychos back home wouldnt do that... I think. Ill have to ask Kreig at some point.

(Y/N): Talon. Slag.
I say and Talon nods. I summon Aspis and grin.

Weiss: What did you just say, that is incredibly rude.
She snaps. I hush her and talon takes flight.

Weiss POV

What is he planning. He shouldnt be so rude. I suppose he was raised by barbarians or something like that but still. He should have some manners.

Before I can continue ranting in my head (Y/N)s bird flies towards Cardin and his team. It covers itself in some kind of purple oozing substance.

Blake: What is that?
She asks before I can. (Y/N) runs down the cafeteria leaving the question unanswered. The bird strikes Team CRDL covering them in the substance. (Y/N) mounts the table and jumps above them. He does a seemingly unnecessary flip and throws his shield at Cardin. We watch as it ricocheted off of his teammates multiple times acting like a pinball knocking them away from velvet.

Blake POV

(Y/N) lands perfectly on his feet and raises his arm just as the shield comes back to him. He looks like something out of a comic. The shield disappears in a blue light ans the purple substance fades from Talon and Team CRDL.

The four bullies fall down seeming like they took a lot of damage from the hits. I was more interested in how quickly (Y/N) decided to help a faunus. I smile at this and watch on.

(Y/N) POV

I stand up with my left arm still raised as Talon perches on it. I turn to see the jerks on the floor suffering the effects of increased damage via slag.

(Y/N): First you mess with my bird, now this lovely lady here, theres a word for people like you back home. Wanna guess what it is.
I say as I get closer giving them one of my mothers death glares.

Jackass leader: What?
He groans in pain as I get right in his face.

(Y/N): Skagbait.
I say and project an image of an Alpha skag viciously killing a bandit, ripping him limb from limb, hoping to get my point across.

(Y/N): Now scram you punks.
I threaten and they run with their tails between their legs, is that racist here? I ponder as I turn to the rabbit eared girl.

(Y/N): You ok?
I ask as I help her up. Talon jumps off my arm and moves to the nearest table looking up at us.

Velvet: Y-yes I am, thank you for dealing with Cardin, I'm Velvet by the way.
She says politely, her Australian accent reminding me of my mothers, Janeys that is. I should have said something before agreeing to this. I think before realising i had tears in my eyes and Velvet was looking at me quite concearned.

Velvet: Are you ok?
She asks gently. I dry my eyes and nod quickly.

(Y/N): Yeah im good, sorry about that. Im (Y/N), (Y/N) Springs. Good to meet you Velvet- Talon caws- and this is Talon, dont worry he doesnt eat rabbi-im so sorry that just slipped out.
I get flustered realising how offensive that could be. She giggles a little and tells me its ok. She thanks me again and leaves me still a little red.

(Y/N): Talon, 1- 10, how dumb was I just now?_
I ask then realise Im asking a birds opinion._ Never mind lets just get some food.
I add and we get as much as we can.

Ruby POV

Ruby: That was so awesome!
I exclaim and Yang pats my back.

Yang: Yeah, he really ruffled their feathers.
She jokes as we walk over to (Y/N).
He laughs hearing her joke making us groan.

Weiss: You're going to encourage her.
She snaps at him.

(Y/N): You mean I shouldn't egg her on.
He replies and high fives Yang causing more groans from the rest of us.

Yang: Don't be mad cuz were Talon'ted.
She says as she pets Talon. Even he gives a little groan at that one.

Blake: So (Y/N) why did you help Velvet so quickly?
She asks and we all wait for the answer. He swallows the slice of turkey he had and throws a chunk into the air. Talon shoots up eating it before landing back where he was.

(Y/N): Its ok Talons species, whatever that is, is known to eat other birds. And as for why I helped her. I may be from a planet of savages but I was taught chivalry, also to not be a dick to girls. Plus she reminds me of my mum a little.
He says as he projects an image of a younger him and two women. He zooms in on the happier looking one. I see a tear in his eye as he looks at her.

Ruby: Are you ok (Y/N)?
I ask worried. He coughs and smiles at me.

(Y/N): I didnt tell either of them that I was coming here. I wanted to prove I was as good as she was- slides frame over to Athena- that I just accepted the first chance I got... and now im here. I bet Mordecai panicked about you being gone didnt he Talon.
He says smiling at the bird who eats another slice of turkey and nods happily.

Yang: Well dont worry, I'm sure you'll see them again.
She comforts them and we all agree.

(Y/N): Thanks girls. I think I'm gonna hit the hay, big day tomorrow.
He smiles and leaves Talon following. We call goodnight to him and he raises his right arm to wave as he walks off while Talon, perched on his left shoulder, raises his left wing in a similar fashion.

(Y/N) POV

We leave the cafeteria and head to the dorms. I use the scroll Ozpin gave me to find my room. I enter and lay on a bed. Talon lays on a different one as it is a room for a team of 4.

(Y/N): This is the first time I've slept away from home.
I say feeling a little homesick.

?: Dont worry buddy, you get used to the crippling depression, at least you have the ability to climb stairs.
A high pitched joyful sounding robotic voice says from across the room.

(Y/N): Oh god no, how is this possi... fuck me.
I say as I turn to see the one being in this universe I would rather hang myself from my own grave than talk too...

Claptrap.

(Hey people, so yeah I brought everyones favourite robotic, dubstep blasting, high fiving, door opening vault hunter to Remnant. How? I dunno. Well I do know but I wont tell you right now. Until next time Adios)