Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God

hope y'all like this chapter and I hope you'll

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!!

<3

~KC Blares

*********************************************************************************************

 Chapter 29 ~ Time isn’t God

KC’s P.O.V.

I was just going to say it right then and there: I wasn’t the most alluring I could have been and have been living up to be. That Monday morning before school I irritably nibbled at my bottom lip as I examined the dark, slightly faded, bruising that still lingered on my pale skin around my shoulder and ankle, a pinprick of pain where it could have very possibly been sprained. My usual V-neck tees and skinny jeans weren’t going to look so attractive on someone who looks like they were hit by a truck.

Oh, and did I forget to mention my eyes were almost pits of blackness from the lack of sleep I earned the night before? Not a surprise considering I was passed out for about three hours then woke up in the middle of the night with searing pains in my ankle, my werewolf side painfully healing the ligaments. I never said that werewolf healing was painless, just far quicker than the healing of a human.

I ended up blending in with the background at school in a pair of light blue jeans, grey converse, and a grey and gold Ashington Wolves sweatshirt. Not so bad especially if my main objective was to avoid seeing Damon at all. The absolute last thing I needed was to lose my boiling temper in the middle of a crowded high school where a majority of the population was human.

“Damn, Kace,” Dan exclaimed when he approached me at my locker. “You look like sh*t,” he said as he leaned up against the locker beside mine, closely inspecting my face. I’m sure I was also paler than ever. Healing can take a lot out of a girl.

“Wow, Dan, you sure know how to flatter a girl,” I retorted with a roll of my eyes, stiffly pulling my books from my locker.

“I would summon up a wonderful reply to that cranky attitude of yours, but I really don’t feel like having my eyeballs clawed out at 8:52 in the morning.” He paused, giving my face another serious look. “Or any kind of balls for that matter,” he added when I threw him a dark look that told him to step out of my personal space.

“Oh goody, someone’s finally making a wise decision,” I joked in a monotonous voice, too tired to put much humorous effort into it.

“You’d be surprised how many wise decisions Danny boy can make in a single day,” Dan beamed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders but only as a friendly gesture. Please, besides the fact that he was fully devoted to his mate, he was more of a silly older brother to me than anything else.