31

I already have an ending plan but I have to wait so long so I just have a bunch of unfinished drafts saved yikes.

---|-/---

Jenna had already left Josh's garage, less angry than when she stormed in without an invitation. Josh hoped that Jenna wouldn't say anything to Debby, but she probably would. Jenna hates him now, for kissing Tyler and lying to her best friend. Josh thought she had every right to hate him.

He couldn't stop thinking about what Jenna said. It was almost certain now that something did happen to Debby, and she didn't even know. Debby had asked Josh about it, and Josh said what he said, and she believed him. Josh felt bad about it, but he felt like he had to say it. Debby looked happy, she liked him. Josh had no idea what would happen if she knew the truth. Josh didn't know who would do such a thing.

Josh created a list of possible suspects in his mind. It definitely wasn't Tyler, he was watched all night by Nick and Zack and was too drunk to even know what he was saying. Nick was with Josh during the twenty minute firework show, and so was Brendon and Tyler. Zack and Chris were nowhere to be seen, and Jenna also wasn't there. During the argument in the garage, Jenna said that Chris was not with her. But at the same time, it could've been someone whose face he's never seen and he's never talked to before in his life.

And that silver sedan. Josh has seen it at least three times, but has never seen the owner of the car. He saw it first in front of the music store he worked at, and there were two people there. Two people he didn't recognize and could barely see because of the fog and the distance between them. They had hoods on, and they had made an exchange, then they got in the silver sedan together and drove off. Josh wrote down the license plate because they looked suspicious, but it ended up being fake. The license plate being faked just raised Josh's suspicions that the two people he saw were up to no good.

The second time Josh saw the silver sedan was in front of Debby's house on New Year's Eve. It was at the very end behind other parked cars of the people that attended the party. Tyler told him that it might be unlikely that it was the same one he saw the first time, and he might be right. It's not impossible for different people to have the same cars. But in such a small town? Almost impossible. The silver sedan was still parked in the exact same spot when Josh carried an unconscious Debby to her room. Josh doesn't remember seeing the car when he left the party. The owner of the car must have left before he did after the firework show.

The third time Josh saw the silver sedan was too big of a coincidence. It was the only car that was there when Josh looked out into the field in the direction of the highway. It was the last thing he saw before Josh remembered closing his eyes, unable to deal with the great pain he was in. He still had nightmares about it. The loud crashing and the windows smashing, all the blood, seeing a lifeless Chris, one of his best friends in the world. He went through hell that night.

All Josh knows is that he saw two people make some sort of trade, which could have been drugs. He even heard the word 'fantasy' be said, and they got into a silver sedan. Then at the party, Debby was the only one that was sick, and a silver sedan was parked outside her house that night.

Josh wondered who could own a silver sedan. He also wondered if whoever the owner of the car is after him. There's no way that every time something bad happened the silver sedan was there. Was the owner of the car following him? Did they want Josh dead? No, that's too extreme. Josh quickly shook the thought out of his head, but he couldn't help but consider that as a possibility. The last time he saw the silver sedan he could have died.

Josh needed to find out who the owner of the silver sedan was.

---|-/---

Tyler was thinking about the basketball scholarship he was offered a few weeks ago as he listened to some music in his room. It was a full scholarship to go to university and play basketball. It would save his parents from spending so much money on him, and he could go to university almost free of charge.